Shiro

Jimin was sleeping soundly, his head resting on Jungkook's chest while the alpha held him close. After returning home he sat with Jimin in their bedroom, explaining what was to happen. The omega didn't cry but Jungkook rushed to comfort him with promises that things were going to be okay. They ended up laying in bed the whole day, scenting each other to their heart's content. Having Jimin nuzzle into his side gave Jungkook more affirmation that this was where he was supposed to be. Regardless of the danger heading their way, this was where he would die if it came to it. Despite fearing for the pack and his own mate, he knew this was one of the many tough battles he would have to face.

He had known Shiro to be a ruthless alpha and a dangerous leader. There were stories his father told him, stories about the way the alpha led his pack and the threat they served to nature itself. Jungkook still remembers the pained expression on his fathers face when he told him the truth about his mother. He explained with a heavy heart how he was banished and thrown out only two days after being born. As he stared at the ceiling he finally realized he would be meeting with the man who killed his parents for the first time. He could already feel the rage spamming at the thought of seeing him face to face.

As quietly as he could, he detangled himself from Jimin and got out of bed. The floor was cold as he stepped through the bedroom to get changed. Namjoon, Haneul and Hyun were already gathering the alphas by the time he stepped out of his home. After he had explained the situation to the pack he was fearful of the reactions he would get. But despite the worried comments, his pack members assured him quite strongly that they would not be fleeing and would stay to fight with him. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel the most moved at that moment.

Day after day was spent training, preparing, and gathering courage for whatever was to come their way. No one mentioned their worries but it wasn't needed with the fearful sprouts in the packs eyes as they gathered during the night to spend some time together before retreating to their homes to rest. Night after night, Jungkook spent more time awake than trying to get enough sleep. He drew Jimin closer, his arms caging the omega against his body in an attempt to dull the creeping fear of things that could go wrong. Important things, people, he could lose in the blink of an eye.

It was until finally, when the last warmth of the sun was spreading did that air shift around them. Jungkook and Namjoon shared a knowing glance before alphas tensed and omegas whimpered in distress. The crackling of the fire was the only thing daring to make a sound, the slight heat keeping the chills from traveling through Jungkook's arms as he stood, waiting. His back straightened, and his muscles flexed the moment his ears caught onto the approaching growling from the trees.

There was an eerie deadly silence, even the crackling of the fire seemed far away as a tall broad man walked from the trees. His skin was tan and his hair was a hazelnut brown. Every step he took screamed dominance and pride, something a powerful and manipulative pack alpha had when he carried himself in front of others. Jungkook narrowed his eyes as he watched him, his fingers twitching to get them around his neck. Shiro was exactly the way he envisioned him, big and scary, the total opposite of his father and even Namjoon. The alpha stopped right in front of him, a tight smile resting on his lips as he stared back at Jungkook with the same intensity.

"The bitch's bastard is alive and well!" An arrogant chuckle followed his booming voice.

Jungkook's nose flared in anger, his hands fisting as he took a step forward but not falling directly for the taunt. It stung, hearing someone degrade his mother in that way. He could see the amusement in the other alpha's eyes, could see the way a smirk displayed as he saw his reaction. He had gotten under his skin, but it wasn't going to stop him from letting him take control.

"I'm finally meeting the coward who can't produce an alpha. I heard all your pups presented as weaklings," Jungkook shrugged his shoulders teasingly and chuckled, "just like their father."

Now that was harsh, the pride in Shiro's eyes shifted to something dangerous. Jungkook could see the slight shake in the alphas hands, a few more words and a fight will break out. Before he could say anything else a quick whistle reached his ears. Growls snapped through the dark before wolves broke through and circled around the two of them. They were keeping them in with no room to even try to escape if a fight ensues.

"I'm finally going to get rid of you, kill you with my bare hands and then shed the blood of those who took a bastard like you into their pack." Shiro snarled angrily as he rolled his head.

Just as planned, aimed arrows broke from the top of trees and wolves began falling to the ground. Pained whimpers filled the air as more arrows rained down, and the rustling of bushes ousted the enemy in hiding. Jungkook barely managed to dodge the bigger alpha as he launched himself. He was able to take a few steps back and shift before Shiro ran towards him with snapping teeth. Jungkook isn't sure what he is doing but all he could focus on was trying not to let himself be toppled to the ground in submission before teeth ripped him to shreds.

The smell of blood was numbing his sense of smell, and his ears were ringing as he gasped for air. Jungkook faintly picked up the smell of him and his eyes wandered until they locked with a frightened Jimin. A surge of energy rippled a growl through him and he snapped his teeth towards the other alpha on top of him. Battled gasps of air were heavy in the air before the snap of a neck ended the distraught fight. Jungkook managed to shift, his heart beating erratically in his chest as he managed to stand on weak legs.

The last thing he saw was Jimin walking towards him with tear filled eyes before his mind went hazy and he lost his balance. Everything was dark.