Blessing & Acceptance

Haneul walked through the pack grounds with a blank stare on his face. His lips were sealed tightly and his scent was rolling in waves of anger as he looked for Jungkook. When he finally located said alpha, he saw him cleaning out fish with other pack members. As soon as he willed himself to call out the others' names he instantly regretted listening to his parents. Upon hearing the call of his name, Jungkook looked up and left his task to approach him with hurried steps.

"What is it? Is something wrong with Jimin?" Jungkook asks as the worry begins to build up inside him.

"Shut up and follow me, my father needs to speak to you."

Jungkook stares after him for a split second before wiping his hands on his jeans and running after him. The walk to the pack alpha's home was intense to say the least. A thousand reasons as to why the pack alpha wanted to speak to him was evident. But the creeping feeling of trouble made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. As soon as he stepped inside the house, Namjoon's head turned to look him right in the eyes.

"Take a seat." Namjoon motions towards the couch beside him.

"Is something wrong?" Jungkook swallows thickly, there was an uncomfortable wave of scents making him wary as he took a seat.

"I want you to be honest and tell me the truth. Have you and my son been intimate?" Namjoon asks through gritted teeth, the question bothering his wolf.

Jungkook shifts uncomfortably in his seat, it felt as if he was sitting down on a pit of fire and the tips of his ears suddenly felt too hot. Knowing there is no room for lying or attempting to cover up for Jimin and himself he nods slowly.

"Yes alpha."

"When did it start?" Namjoon asks again, his nostrils flaring slightly as he tries to contend his anger.

"It has been a little over two weeks-. Is something wrong with Jimin?" Jungkook asks as he looks around the room.

"I think... it might be good news for you." Jin murmurs loud enough for him to hear.

"What do you mean?"

"He might be carrying your pup." Namjoon releases a defeated sigh.

"He's pregnant?" Jungkook breathes out as he stands up in surprise.

"If the symptoms I ruled out are correct, then it is possible he is carrying your child." Jin nods at him.

"We were planning on mating for the fall season." Jungkook smiles to himself, heart swarming with butterflies.

"It's too late for that, and that is why I have called you here." Namjoon motions once again for him to take a seat, which he quickly takes.

"I'm listening."

"You have my blessing, as the pack alpha and Jimin's father, you have my blessing to mate with my son."

"Really?"

"You must promise to love and protect him with your soul."

"I will alpha, thank you for entrusting your son to me. I will try my best to keep him happy." Jungkook was still too shocked but managed to form words.

"There is something else you should know." Namjoon says.

"Go ahead."

"If Jimin is carrying your pup then per rules of tradition you will run the pack with him after I step down."

Jungkook's eyes went wide, his mouth drying up and his head jumbling. He was already aware of this rule, but it didn't seem right. Being a pack alpha was something Haneul or Hyun would do properly and by heart. He looks up, shaking his head, "I....I can't, it's not my place to take on such a role in this pack."