Summer

The new season had finally come around and it was beginning to warm up. The past frosty mornings were now full of sunshine and the birds chirped louder than before, the cold not keeping them from coming out to bathe in the first rays of the sun. There was no use for heavy coats or layered shirts to chase away the chills. Jimin had even begun putting away their thicker furs and keeping only the thinner ones on their bed.

He had started his 5th month of pregnancy and was showing even more. His bump wasn't so big but it was well enough in size. He carried well, he didn't look pregnant at all if you looked at him from the back. But once he turned to the side, you could see the bump sticking out. The warmer season was setting his hormones at ease, making him more comfortable to walk around during the day and sleep more comfortably at night.

Jungkook had also gotten quite attached to seeing him having a bigger belly. He would caress it while in bed or at any given chance he got and he was proud of the fact it was his baby. There was no one in the pack that didn't notice the subtle touches he always made during bonfires or meal times. It wasn't just Jungkook who had gotten attached, Haneul and Hyun had also grown to like the growth of Jimin's belly. They talked to the pup every time Jungkook and Jimin came over to their house. Promising if it was an omega that they would look after them and protect them from mean alphas, unless it was an alpha then they promised they would show them how to be a really smart and strong alpha.

Jimin took the chance to ask Jungkook to go to their secret getaway spot. The place where the two had gone off and trusted their all with one another. He woke up earlier than usual and packed a small basket with fruits and a jug of water. Jungkook tucked a rolled fur under his arm and grabbed the basket before Jimin could. The two walked hand in hand as they left the pack and began to wander through the forest. It had changed slightly since the last time they were there. There seemed to be more flowers budding along the trails and butterflies floated around them. They continued walking through the forest enjoying the warmth seeping through the trees.

"It looks more beautiful than the last time we were here." Jimin smiles up at him.

"The last time we were here, it was early in the morning while we were making out after some very heated events." Jungkook chuckles teasingly, wiggling his eyebrows at his mate.

"Really? Is that all you remember?"

Jungkook laughs and hugs onto him as they reach the small clearing. The grass was tall enough and there were various flowers spreading throughout. Jimin watched as Jungkook spread out the furs and held out his hand to help him take a seat. The long branches of the trees provided them with a canopy of shade and the occasional breezes were refreshing.

"When our pup is old enough, we can bring them here." Jungkook mutters as he pulls him closer and kisses along his neck.

"I would love to."

Jimin rubbed his bump affectionately, his hand being used to just touching it whenever he wanted. It comforted him in a way to know that his pup was growing healthily. He didn't wait much before reaching for the basket and taking out a squared wooden bowl with strawberries but then reached for some clementines . His father had gotten them as an offering from a pack passing by and he had grown obsessed with them.

With a small pout he handed them to Jungkook who silently began peeling them. It was an occasional thing for them, the alpha sitting while peeling and Jimin eating them non stop until he was full and satisfied. He wasn't sure if it was healthy to eat so many but the baby didn't seem to mind his large appetite for them.

Jimin smiled as he stuffed his mouth with half the fruit and he closed his eyes savoring the citrusy flavor. He was about to pop the other half inside his mouth when he opened his eyes in surprise. Jungkook looked up at him, his eyes watching him curiously. The omegas hands dropped down to his stomach right away, fingers caressing over the top where he felt a small thump. Jungkook scooted over, his eyes watching carefully. His wolf felt uneasy at seeing his omega so surprised.

"I felt it." Jimin whispered as he concentrated on his hands touching the bump.

"What, felt what?" Jungkook urged as he waited beside him.

"The pup, it kicked slightly. It was soft but I felt it." Jimin looked up with glittering eyes.

Jungkook broke out into a large smile, his eyes crinkling with happiness and pulling in his omega to hug him. If Jimin was able to feel it regardless of how subtle it was, then it would only be a matter of time before he would be able to feel it himself. Even so he was greedy, roaming his hands over the bump carefully trying to pick up the slightest movement.

Jimin settled into his Alpha's embrace, his head against his sturdy chest and his hands playing with his fingers. The warmth from the alpha was enough to keep them warm until the sun set. It was the perfect getaway, he would make sure to go more often.