Found

Excited growls and heated chasing was something Jungkook liked from his morning patrols. After his group finished scouting the area and checked all the borders of their territory did they engage in a chase. All of them chased one another until they ended up in the river to the north, or the hills in the east where they could watch the sun peak through the tips of the trees.

This morning wasn't any different, Jungkook's breathing was ragged as he chased a black and brown spotted wolf, Ryujin, who growled teasingly at him as he ran ahead. The growls only poked Jungkook further into the chase and his wolf was concentrating on getting him to the object they were chasing. Other wolves dashed around him, all of them chasing one another as they skimmed through the trees and jumped over old logs.

Jungkook was closing in on Ryujin when he sensed it. The indistinct trace of a foreign yet familiar scent that got his bones to seize from the chase. His teeth pulled in a threatening snarl as he followed the faint scent, his paws pounding on the ground as he began to run in the direction of the sudden threat. The dangerous trace got stronger, until he stopped at the border and saw a dark gray wolf with a black tail staring at him. The two gazed at each other, Jungkook could feel his wolf's need to pounce and get rid of the threat. But all too soon the wolf howled and turned to run through the trees behind him.

Only the short rustling was heard before the scent was gone, and the threat had escaped. Jungkook paced from side to side for a few seconds, his ear trying to pick out any kind of noise or movement on the other side of the border. He turned back when he heard rustling behind him, his group all appearing through the trees in confusion. He growled in assurance and licked Ryujin's cheek when he saw the hesitance in his eyes. With a low growl he encouraged the others to follow as he set on a run back to the pack.

Jungkook followed the day with worry, his chores done messily from his lack of concentration. He even managed to get on Haneul's bad side while hunting. He had let a deer go when he stumbled over overgrown roots. It was obvious his head wasn't in the right place, but all he could focus on was Myungjae. One of the wolves that had gone after him and his father. He didn't ever think he would ever see him again. The new life he was living had him forgetting about the threat that was still, surprisingly, following him.

The morning after, he kissed Jimin on the lips, patting his head softly to avoid waking him from his slumber. The sky was still dark, and birds were still nestled in the trees quietly. Behind the line of the trees he shifted, his bones cracking and his wolf restless. He set off on a steady run, his legs getting used to the movement and after a short while his limbs burned as he ran faster. Jungkook headed to the place he had spotted Myungjae, crossing through the territory and heading into unclaimed land. His nose sniffed the air tensely as he tried to pick up a scent, a lead. He slowed down, his head lowered to the ground to sniff, while his ears were pointed high. He wasn't sure how far he was when he felt a colliding weight bring him down. With a low growl he got up and ran after the wolf that was running through the trees.

His eyes narrowed as he picked up his speed and swiftly dodged the trees in his way. The sun that was beginning to rise started giving a subtle light in the sky. Only then was he able to distinguish the color of the tail as he ran with rage. It wasn't long before the wolf leaped away and landed on the other side of the small stream. Jungkook halted in his chase, his bones cracking once again as he shifted back. Myungjae followed, a steady smirk painting his lips as he stood tall. Even in their nakedness, the two didn't look away from the heated stares they were giving one another.

"Myungjae, you don't know how to give up, do you."

"He wants you dead. There's nothing stopping me until I drag back your bloody corpse and present it at his feet." The small shrug of arrogance Myungjae intended was enough to have Jungkook's blood boiling. "You're the bastard child of my pack alpha's omega. You should be dead next to the rogue who impregnated her and brought shame to our pack." Myungjae continue through gritted teeth.