Slump

WARNING: Michaeng smut ☺️

*8 months had passed*

(At Y.Music Ent)

"Son Chaeyoung, has your writing gone rusty?! please make hit songs! not these bullshits!" complained the CEO. Chaeyoung has been sending multiple demo songs but it wasn't accepted by the CEO. "Is this the best you can do?" the same sentence each day.

The last hit song written by Chaeyoung 'Right?' for T5 was well received by other people. However, as time passes by, her new written songs became not as lively as before and didn't have the same vibes like her previous songs. Each day, Chaeyoung was pressured to write a new song. There was one time that Chaeyoung couldn't take it anymore, she slammed the door feeling angry at the recording studio then she went home and didn't come to the studio for few days.

(At Chaeyoung's Studio Room)

Chaeyoung POV
"When we tried to text you, you never replied back or read our messages. What's wrong with you?" then everyone just started yelling, screaming and arguing I figured that they wouldn't shutup so here I am, locking myself at home. I hate the feeling when you really don't have any emotion. You feel so empty. You're not happy. You're not sad. You're nothing. When your mind is spinning but you can't feel anything.

One day, my head started to hurt as I sat and thought for a nice comeback but unfortunately nothing was suitable enough. Feeling too irritated that none of new ideas or new melodies coming to my head, I shut down my laptop and put it aside. Several months ago, I went through a period where as far as my writing was concerned, I could do no wrong. When I sat down at my laptop, my fingers fluttered across the keyboard like Nijinsky performing Swan Lake and ideas were popping into my head so plentifully I could barely get them down on paper. And then now it all came to a halt.

Unexpectedly, my once bustling email inbox was dead silent. My idea well went dry and the "brilliant" ideas that I had raced to scribble down earlier now seemed uninteresting. Depressed, I continued to drag myself to the laptop every day, but instead of writing songs, I spent most of my time hitting 'check mail' on my email account, and wondering why I had ever thought that I could become a successful songwriter. For weeks, I brooded. What happened? Had my writing somehow changed?

Even if I was able to write songs I kept on receiving rejection after rejection. Those gloomy periods that even I don't find my songs were as good as before. The worst part is that people could be yawning at my ideas. Luckily, I was just falling into a writing slump. It would be much worse if my songs were said to be plagiarized. It's incontestable that songwriters will fall into a writing slump, well they're bound to, at some point in their song writing careers. They blame lack of inspiration, and as most can attest, inspiration tends to hit when least expected, without warning.

Eventually, it occurred to me that it wasn't my writing that changed, but my attitude in facing of an ordinary writing slump. Especially when times got bumpy, I had no external source to boost my confidence, and I allowed negative thinking to paralyze me. What I needed, I realized, was to produce my own source of positive energy.

No One POV
Mina came to check on Chaeyoung, who was locking herself. Well, Chaeyoung just stayed at home without even going out. She understand that Chaeyoung need some time alone but Mina couldn't stand Chaeyoung was always like that.

"Did you lose some sleep again?" asked Mina with her worried face when she was approaching Chaeyoung who just spending most of the time at her home studio. Chaeyoung nodded. Mina hugged Chaeyoung to comfort her.