You're A Dixon

[I apologise for not updating for a while. I have no excuse other than writer's block and school, but I'll try my best to update more frequently :)]

"Anybody out there? Hello? Anybody read? I'm hopin' to hear somebody's voice 'cause I'm gettin' sick of hearing mine," T-Dog spoke into the walkie-talkie.

"Yeah, well that makes 2 of us," said Merle. I didn't like T-Dog too much. He had started the fight between my brother, and now my brother's handcuffed.

"3," I said, earning a raspy chuckle from Merle.

"Why don't you knock that crap off? Yer givin' me a headache, boy," said Merle, spitting on the ground. I knew this was going to lead somewhere, because T-Dog retaliated.

"Well, why don't you take your head out your ass? Maybe it'll go away," said T-Dog. Merle chuckled, "Have some positivity for a change, damn."

"I'll tell you what. You get me out of these cuffs and I'll be all "Sammy Sunshine" positive for you. Hey, see that hacksaw over there in that tool bag? Get it for me, hmm? Make it worth your while. What do you say, man? Come on. Get me out of these things. "

"So you can beat my ass in front of your little sister again? Or call me nigger some more?" said T-Dog. I wondered why Merle didn't ask me to get it first, but then he turned to me.

"Go on, go get the hacksaw for yer old big brother Merle," said Merle. I obeyed and stood up, walking over to the toolbox when T-Dog called my name.

"Hey, little girl!" he said, struggling to move in pain. I ignored him as Merle chuckled and threw minor insults. The bag was heavy so I began dragging it when T-Dog ignored the pain and stood up.

"Hey! You leave 'er alone, don't touch 'er you son'of'abitch!" yelled Merle, when the others suddenly came. Rick stood inbetween us, demanding what was going on.

"Tryin' to get Marnie to cut 'im loose," said T-Dog, slouching back against the wall, grunting in pain. I let go of the toolbox and a few tools fell out, including the hacksaw that landed not far from Merle, but still out of reach.

"Marnie, I'm doing this for everyone's safety, all right?" said Rick softly. I ignored him, something I was good at, and sat back down.

"You're a Dixon y'all better start actin' like one," Merle said to me. I looked to the ground, ashamed. Rick began looking through the binoculars.

"That construction sight, that truck. They always keep keys on hand," said Rick, handing the binoculars to Morales. Morales had a quick look before looking down the roof, where I nearly died. At least it would've been the fall that killed me.

"We'll never make it past the walkers," said Morales.

"You got me and Marnie outta that tank," said Rick and Merle glanced up at the use of my name. Glenn told Rick that they were distracted.

"Can we distract them again?" said Rick. Merle snorted.

"Right. Listen to him. He's onto something. A diversion, like on 'Hogan's Heroes.'" said Merle, chuckling and Jacqui, the African American woman, I learned her name, rolled her eyes.

"They're drawn by sound, what else?" said Rick.

"Aside from they hear you? They see you, smell you and if they catch you, they eat you," replied Morales. I seemed shocked they could tell that much about you, considering they're dead. Rick seemed shocked too.

"They smell dead, we don't. It's pretty distinct." said Andrea.

Rick told me to wait here, as if I wanted to go with them. They were going to cover themselves in walker guts to try and walk past the walkers to the truck, but the skies were grey and thunder rumbled every 10 minutes or so. It was definitely going to rain, but Rick had said they'd make it there before it does.

"They're gonna get caught up and the walkers'll eat 'em alive," chuckled Merle. I remained silent and this didn't go unnoticed, "What's up with you? Y'all find me after 3 months and you've barely said a word."

"What...what happened to Daddy?" I asked. I didn't like calling him that, but he made me, unless he was angry, then I'd have to call him 'sir'.

"Fucking dead, I hope," chuckled Merle, not sensing the sad vibe around me, "Dunno what Daryl did but he scared 'im away fucking good."

"Is your wrist hurtin', Merle?" I asked. His wrist was rubbed raw and red from the cuffs, "I'll get y'all the hacksaw now, but don't do nothin', or they'll cuff ye again."

"Let 'em try," he said and as I was about to pick the hacksaw up, T-Dog came in and slouched against the wall. Not even 2 minutes later, the others, minus Glenn and Rick returned.

"T-Dog, try that CB man!" ordered Morales.

"Hey, what's goin' on? Hey, talk to me y'all," said Merle as T-Dog tried the CB. Morales looked through the binoculars and since I was too short to look over I stayed put, because there's no way I'm climbing it again.

"There!" said Morales, pointing to the street below.

"That assholes on the street with them handcuff keys?" snapped Merle, and T-Dog weakly reached into his pocket and pulled out a small tiny key, just as thunder rumbled more excessively.

[WORD COUNT: 896]