Chapter 1: A Frightening Experience

The bell went for the end of school. Everyone rushed for the classroom door, trying to push through. Caleb just stayed back, watching as they fought there way to the door. There was another boy standing next to him, Jack, his best friend. 

"Walking home today?" Caleb asked Jack casually.

"No," replied Jack, "Got to go down into the city."

Caleb nodded. Finally everyone managed to get through the door and the two boys followed. Caleb grabbed his bag, and after saying good by to Jack, started his walk home.

Caleb looked quite ordinary. He had browny blond hair, with a small touch of red. He was of medium hight for a twelve year old and was actually very mature for his age. He was also very athletic and was easily the fastest person in his school. There was only a little bit of difference about him, that hardly anyone noticed. His eyes. At first glance they looked bluey green, but if you looked closely you could see a red glow from within. 

'Finally it's over,' said a voice from within his head, 'Why does school take so long to finish.'

'Because it does,' Caleb replied, he wasn't to fazed. He didn't mind school.

He passed through some bushes on his way to home, taking care not to let his bag get caught in the brambles. 

'But still, all it is, is work,' said the voice again.

'It's not just work,' Caleb replied, 'You get to hang out with friends, and sport is fun.'

'Not when we don't have a challenge,' replied the voice glumily.

'Stop being a winer,' replied Caleb, 'You may be a dragon but that doesn't give you any more rights then the rest of us.'

The dragon shut up after that. Caleb continued walking, this was normal for him. Every since he had been born a dragon's soul, he liked to call it that, had been living inside him. Neither him, nor the dragon knew how this happened, but they were content. The dragon gave Caleb inhanced abilities, like he was able to run faster then normal, jump further and higher, better reflexes, eye sight, hearing and smell. They were also extremely good at solving problems together, and if Caleb got to tired, the dragon could take over his body and control it. The dragon's name was Pennator.

After he got passed the bush he came into a little grass field, with a bridge at the other end, leading over a river. Caled went for the bridge. He had always taken this path home, yet this day it would be different. As Caleb reached the bridge, a man entered from the other side. As soon as he saw him his alarm bells went off. 

'Okay,' he thought, 'Why am I so nervous all of a sudden.'

'Don't ask me,' replied Pennator, but Caleb could tell he was closely watching through his eyes.

Caleb continued to walk across the bridge, he was almost a quarter of the way when he thought something was really wrong. He decided to turn around. 

'Better safe then sorry,' he thought.

As soon as he did turn around, his alarm bells doubled. There was another man, approaching from the other side of the bridge. They both war exactly the same clothes, black jackets with a plain shurt and shorts. They both had short brown hair and were around the same hight. The only difference was one had a beard and the other didn't.

Caleb turned back around and continued walking. Hundreds of thoughts were racing through his head.

'Maybe there spies, come to recruit me, or kill me. The could be after Pennator, or maybe I'm just getting paranoid,' the thoughts came rushing in.