Chapter 4: The Dream

That night Caleb went to sleep early. He was tired, surprisingly, and his thoughts were full of what had happened today. The change, the men, and Pennator. He asked himself over and over again, what does this mean, and tried to find an answer. In a way he had always expected it, but he didn't know why, or how it had happened. Pennator tried to help but he was almost as confused as Caleb. 

So Caleb went to sleep, his mind still on Pennator, and while he slept, he dreamed.

A blue dragon appeared suddenly out of nowhere. Everything else was black except for some slight colours in the distance. The blue dragon was different from Pennator. It was bigger for one thing, nearly twice the size. It's scales were slighlty smoother, and on it's tail were larger scales and instead of ending in a scorpion sting it just ended in a tip

"Who are you?" asked Caleb interested already.

The dragon looked at him with a tilt of its head. 

"You are the Shape Shifter?" it asked smiling, "Well, I must say you are different from what I expected."

"Different? How."

"Your hair isn't red. A fire Shape Shifter's hair is usually red."

"Oh."

The dragon laughed, "Don't sound so dissapointed. From what I have heard of you, you have remained very alusive. Not allowing yourself to get caught."

Caleb nodded slowly.

The dragon sighed, "Your step mother is a smart woman. Terrador chose well."

"Who?" asked Caleb.

"You will see him soon enough, but first let me ask you something," said the dragon, "Did you meet two men, trying to capture you."

Caleb nodded his head.

"Well, it looks like it has already started," he said.

"Are you Antylor?" asked Caleb suddenly.

The dragon laughed again, "No, no, I'm not Antylor. You may call me Chronicle, the never ending one."

"Never ending?" said Caleb.

Chronicle smiled, "All will be revealed to you in time, young one. The reason I have decided to talk to you is because dragon kind is under attack. There has been a huge civil war on our island, and we a loosing. I have been captured and locked up under a crystal that holds the power I have. But you are confused, are you not? Your wondering why you are a Shape Shifter, where you came from. You know you have been adopted but what you don't know is why you were adopted, and who you really are."

"How did you know!" said Caleb.

"I know many things, maybe to much for my mortal body to spare," said Chronicle with a grin.

"Can you tell me, what happened to my real parents. And why was I left with my step mum?"

"I will show you," said Chronicle, "Watch closely."

Suddenly the vision of the dream changed. Caleb was now in a city, or what looked like city, but all the houses were wooden and large. It looked like there was a battle going on, there was a battle going on. There were dragons flying all around in the sky, the most prominent of those were dark dragons. There were hundreds, thousands even, of dragons fighting each other. There were five different dragons that Caleb could see. Red, like Pennator, Green, Blue, like Chronicle, and yellow. The black ones were different because it seemed it was them verse the other four.