Ark: Volume 1 Chapter 8

WARNING: You are about to immerse yourself in an extremely epic chapter. Please read without disruption.

You're dead if you're caught

"There aren't that many things worth using."
"Even so, they are wares difficult to acquire in the area."
"That may be so, but..."

The shopkeeper scratched his head.

"Alright. Since you've steadily made use of our store all this time, I'll give you up to 5 gold and 40 silver."

"As I've said before, please give me 5 gold and 50 silver."

"Eh, since you don't want to lose out on even a single penny. Fine, let's do that."

"This is why I like you, mister."

Ark chuckled as he pocketed the money.

In New World, even if stores were from the same village, they each had a different sale and purchase price. The prices were always inconsistent and depended on the inventory or market price. This was the reason why users looked for stores that would pay them more each time. However, Ark had only used one place while hunting in the Jackson area.

Because of the experiences he had from living in Harun Village for half a month, he knew a bonus was added if he accumulated friendship with the shopkeeper for a long time.

In the beginning, there were times when it was disadvantageous, but at some point you'll receive 10% more money when you sell goods. When you buy goods, you also receive at least a 10% discount. In addition, if you first buy an item recommended by the shopkeeper, there were cases where they could give you up to the max 30% discount.

This piece of information was known to only a handful of Merchants and users.

"If you need money, rather than selling worthless wares, why don't you sell those Cat Gloves instead? I'll give you a good price for them."

If he was familiar with the shopkeeper, there were times when the shopkeeper sometimes asked for a particular item. Thanks to these situations, Ark was able to determine the generic value of items even if he didn't trade with other users.

"No, I'm fine. I'll come again next time."

Ark finished what he had to do and left the shop.

"I've saved up quite a lot."

Ark fiddled with his weighted pocket as he walked on the street.

He had approximately 60 gold when he left Harun Village, but before he knew it, he had already saved up 120 gold.

The most costly expenses in New World for users were food supplies and repair costs. On the other hand, it was possible for Ark to save this much because he didn't spend money for ingredients when he made food, and his repair costs were halved by the Lord's exclusive Smithy.
However, the time had come to end those privileges.

"So it's finally time to leave Jackson."

By hunting in the Shadow Forest, Ark had finally reached level 30. The Rotting Wolves and Zombies were no longer much help in increasing his experience. Although the experience the level 30 Ghoul's gave were still okay, they were low in numbers. Be as it may, he still couldn't hunt the level 50 Reapers. It seemed like he had to move his hunting ground soon and look for a new quest.

"Before that, there's a skill I've got to learn."

It was the repair skill.

There were only five Smithies in Jackson. Near one of those places, there was the sole master NPC who taught the repair skill.