7. seven

chapter seven • 7
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter seven • 7↠ ↠ ↠

"a new life,"

•••

The sound of drills, hammers, and men working was the only thing Natalie had heard for a whole few months now. She created a garden, fountains, patios, and so forth. She felt like she needed to contribute while Charles was away in the hospital.

After Charles came back, in a wheelchair, stating that he was to be paralysed for the rest of his life, he wanted to make his life meaningful. Charles wants to open up a school for mutants in training at this very mansion. 

After Moira took a walk with Charles, he returned with a sad look on his face. "Hey, are you alright?" Natalie asked him. "I know you really liked her."

Charles let out a chuckle. "Was it that obvious?"

"Well," She smiled down at him, he chuckled. Then looked back up the stairs.

"How many kids do you think we'll get?" Natalie asked him.

"Oh gosh, I don't know. Hopefully enough to keep it running." He sighed.

"Does this mean, I'll be a teacher?" She asked.

"We'll see," He held her hand. "I just can't believe I'm a professor now," he smiled. "Soon before you know it, I'll be going bald." They both laughed.

Natalie looked down at him. "We wouldn't want that now, would we?"

Charles smiled up at her. "No, we wouldn't."

•••