11. eleven

chapter eleven • 11
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter eleven • 11↠ ↠ ↠

"you abandoned me,"

•••

They arrived at the airport, Logan and Erik were quick to get onto the plane after bidding Peter a farewell. They all thanked Peter because he saved their lives today. Charles felt a bit guilty for not being able to stop the guards and continuously thanked Peter over and over again.

"Peter, thank you very, very much," Charles smiled. "You take care."

Peter and Charles shook hands. "Yeah, I saw your flight plan. Why are you going to Paris?" He asked.

Charles was slightly taken aback, and looked at Hank. Before smiling at him again. "Thank you, Peter." Charles and Hank started to head off into the plane. "Oh, do me a favour and return it for me," Charles threw his car keys at Peter who caught them.

"Okay," Peter nodded.

"And Peter? Take it slow," Charles smiled as he walked into the plane with Hank trailing after him.

Natalie turned to Peter and smiled.

"Mind if I take your number?" He asked, almost innocently.

Natalie showed him her hand, her engagement ring was still there, she smiled. He whined. "We could be friends?" He grinned.

Natalie rolled her eyes with a laugh and took out a piece of paper from her pocket and a pen. She wrote down her number and then gave it to him.

He held his hand out and gave her a piece of paper. "That's mine," Natalie looked at the number. "You call me, when you're ready,"

She chuckled. "I'll make sure I do."

Natalie smiled and then walked into the plane. She took a seat near Logan and looked out of the window as Peter got into the car and sped off. Logan briefly looked over at Natalie and smiled. She nodded at him.

•••

The airplane ride was awkward for the first twenty minutes. Logan was minding his own business, Erik was spread out on the lounge, and Charles kept glaring at Erik. Natalie was reading a magazine, and had a glass of champagne. She kept glancing down at her ring, thinking of Alex.

"How did you lose them?" Erik spoke. He was talking to Charles, Natalie glanced over at them.

"The treatment for my spine effects my DNA," Charles replied easily.

"You sacrificed your power so you could walk?" Erik couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Natalie shoulders stiffened as she remembered the nights where Charles would wake up screaming in agony and pain. "I sacrificed my power so that I could sle...." Charles stopped himself and sighed. "What do you know about it?"