17. seventeen

chapter seventeen • 17
↠ ↠ ↠

"I can't believe I married my best friend

"I can't believe I married my best friend."

•••

Alex, Charles and Natalie drove back the School with Moira. Alex was driving, with Charles in the front with Moira and Natalie in the back. As they arrived, Moira was looking out the window, amazed.

"I've read so much about this place. But being here, it feels kind of - Familiar," Moira smiled. You could just feel the smile on Charles' face. "Strange," She sighed.

"Quite," Charles looked at Alex. "Shall we," Alex and Natalie got out of the car, and got Charles' wheelchair and Alex helped him into his chair and Natalie wheeled him inside with Alex and Moira following.

As Alex and Natalie helped Charles back into his regular chair that he controls himself, they headed back to Charles' office.

"Hank?" Charles called out. "You in here?" Charles, Alex and Natalie reached his office.

Raven. She was back.

"Moira," Raven stood up.

"Raven," Charles spoke.

"I'm sorry, have we met?" Moira asked.

"I – um," Charles stuttered. "Hank, Alex, Nat, Agent MacTaggert, can you give us just a moment, please."
Alex put an arm around Natalie's waist and they exited the room.

•••

They headed outside, and sat on a bench.

"I know how much being outside makes you feel, rested," Alex smiled.

"More than rested, I feel, at home. Like I'm meant to be out here. I can feel, the energy swarm through me just by a touch of a finger." Natalie sighed. Alex smiled, Natalie looked at the bandage around his arm.

"I'm so sorry, Alex, I didn't mean to hurt you," She put a hand on his arm.

"No, no, it's okay, I'm fine, this isn't the first time that this has happened," He lied back on the seat and smiled at her.

"I can fix it, you know?"

"I know, but I know how much it drains you, and I think Charles needs you at your best right now," Alex stroked her cheek. Natalie leant in and gave him a kiss.

"Thank you." She sighed.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being here, for – for being you," Natalie leant her head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of her head.

"I can't believe I married my best friend," Natalie looked at him and leant in a softly kissed him. "I honestly don't know what I would do without you," Natalie smiled. There was a small pause.