10. ten

chapter ten • 10
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter ten • 10↠ ↠ ↠

"speedy"

•••

The drive to Peter Maximoff's house was a nightmare. Everyone constantly argued who the best driver was and stated why they should have been the one to drive.

"Here?"

"Left here."

"Right."

"No, left."

"Right."

"No left, you dumbass."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, right here."

Charles parked the car in front of the home.

"Next time I'm driving," Logan said as they all got out of the car. Natalie made sure her sunnies were on right and smiled as the sun hit her face.

"I honestly think I would be the better driver out of the four of us," Natalie told the boys.

They walked past a letter box that read 'Maximoff'. They walked up the path to the front door and Natalie noticed the scrapings on the door mat. Logan knocked on the door several times until a lady opened it.

"What has he done now?" The lady asked. Of course they look pretty suspicious. "I'll just write you a check for whatever he took."

"He's done nothing wrong," Natalie smiled at the lady, as she took her sunnies off. "We just need to talk to him,"

The lady sighed and nodded as she let us in. "Peter, the cops are here - again."

She led us towards a set of stairs heading towards the basement and Natalie placed her sunnies onto her head. They walked downstairs, the smell of teenage boy hitting their senses at once. They looked around to see the teenager with silver hair playing ping pong with himself. He was wearing a silver jacket with a Pink Floyd band t-shirt. But there wasn't two versions of him, he was just running at an incredible speed. He couldn't be any older than seventeen.

"What do you guys want?" He asked quickly. "I didn't do anything." Peter then sped onto his couch. "I've been here all day." Peter smiled up at the group.

"Just relax, Peter. We're not cops," Logan told him.

"Course you're not cops, if you were cops you wouldn't drive a rental car," Peter shrugged. "And I noticed that you weren't the one driving and heard your argument,"

"How'd you know we got a rental car?" Charles asked.

"I checked your registration when you were walking through the door. I also had some time to kill so I went through your rental agreements. Saw you were from out of town - are you FBI?" Peter sped past Charles whilst taking his wallet. "No, you're not cops. Hey, what's with this 'Gifted Youngsters' place?" Peter held up the 'Xavier School' card and then tossed it.