16. sixteen

chapter sixteen • 16
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter sixteen • 16↠ ↠ ↠

"moira mactaggert"

•••

"He didn't cry. He didn't say no. He didn't flinch. He felt no pain. I made sure of it. I'm sure he enjoyed it." The teacher spoke slowly.

Natalie wrapped her hand around his throat.

"Where is he?" She spat.

"I didn't mean to" He struggled to breathe.

•••

Natalie saw a river, there was a body. Her body went cold. Her hair returned to its natural brown. Natalie walked over to the body and her hand rested on the body and her fingers trembled as she feared only the worst. Natalie turned the body over and her heart sank and she covered he mouth and let out a scream.

It was Hayden.

He had a bruises all over his arms and a cracked skull on his temple like he was hit by a rock.

Natalie held him close as she cried out and every bone in her body filled with hatred. Natalie stood up, lifted herelf in the air, and then screamed.

•••

"Natalie!" Alex yelled. Natalie suddenly awoke with a scare. She looked around her, the sheets were burnt, the wallpaper starting to peel from the heat. She saw Alex, sweating, with burns on his arm.

 She saw Alex, sweating, with burns on his arm

"Alex," Natalie breathed out.

"You're having them again, aren't you?" He winced. Natalie leant back on the bed, her hands covering her face. She felt the sweat drip off her face.

"Natalie, you need to talk to him, you can't keep blocking him out," Alex tried.

"It's not as easy as you think –"

"Natalie. It's getting worse," Alex placed a hand on her cheek.

"Worse how? It's the same thing all the time," She took a breath.