21. twenty one

chapter twenty one • 21
↠ ↠ ↠

chapter twenty one • 21↠ ↠ ↠

"Jean, let go,"

•••

There was a massive explosion outside. Kurt was unconscious.

"Is he okay?" Scott asked.

"It's his energy. He's drained." Natalie said as she sat up.

"Get out," Charles spoke suddenly as he woke up. "Get out! Get out!" He yelled.

"Professor! Professor! It's okay, you're with us," Jean spoke. Charles looked around, calming down. Natalie reached for his hand and he held it tightly. She smiled at him. They sat Charles up against the wall and rested Kurt on the ground. Natalie sat next to Charles, he just sat back and held her hand close to his chest, then kissed it. He let go when suddenly he sat forward, like he heard something.

"Charles!" They heard a voice outside yell. Natalie slowly stood up. "Show yourself!" She looked at Charles. "Charles! Show yourself!" She walked over and looked outside through a window. Apocalypse, he suddenly started getting knocked around. Natalie gasped when suddenly Peter was stopped by the ground wrapping itself around his leg. Apocalypse walked over and Peter threw a punch and he caught it, twisting his arm around, then kicking Peter's leg, breaking it. Peter cried in pain. Natalie covered her mouth with her hands, trying not to cry out.

"Peter," Charles whispered behind them. Psylocke made herself known walking towards them, her sword appeared. Apocalypse gestured to Peter. She lifted her sword up, but didn't kill Peter, she swung it and sliced Apocalypse' throat. He healed almost immediately. Apocalypse grabbed her by the throat, lifting her up. Then Raven's natural blue form appeared.

"No," Natalie whispered.

"Raven," Charles cried.

"I'm going out there," Hank spoke.

"Me too," Scott spoke.

"Take me," Natalie turned around.

"No," Charles stopped them. "It's me he wants,"

"Charles, you can't give yourself up. If he has you, he has us all." Moira spoke. "The whole world." Charles started to sob.

"Charles!" Apocalypse yelled. "Come! Rescue your weaklings! Give your life! For theirs!"

Charles cried, he started to get up then stopped himself. "He was right. There is some part of me still connected to him. I can get inside his head."

"Charles! Will you do nothing?!"

Charles lied back down. "Thank you for letting me in," Charles closed his eyes.

Charles appeared in a blue empty room. Apocalypse was there. He started quickly walking to him. "You want what I have. You want to feel what I feel?" Charles placed his hands on either side of his head.