23. bonus chapter

as a major thank you for all reads, this is the last chapter of apocalypse and I hoped you guys liked the new and improved version of this book as I feel like there is more to Natalie's story than previously written. thank you all so much.

•••

bonus chapter • 23
↠ ↠ ↠

"you make the pain go away,"

•••

Natalie woke up to an empty bed, again. Everyday she wishes pain will get easier, the pain of Alex gone. But she is proven wrong, again & again.

She sat up and sighed, and reluctantly stood up and went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, red eyes, bags under her eyes and messy un-washed hair. She picked up her toothbrush and continued to brush her teeth. She looked at the shower, thinking to herself if she has enough energy to wash her hair. She looked down at her shirt.

"Alex's favourite pj's."

She took them off and hopped in the shower. The warm water running through her hair and she tried to wash her hair.

•••

"It's been 41 years, Alex. How do you think they'll react? My daughter is probably a grandmother for all I know, and Chester? I – I just can't" She put her head in her hands.

"That's my point, Nat. You have a family, which, technically I am related too now." Alex rubbed her back. "Look, after all of this, I'll take you there, I'll be there for you." She looked up at him.

•••

"Nat!" A familiar voice calls out, she turned the shower off and leant out the shower.

"Yeah?" She called out.

"It's Peter! Can we talk?"

"Uhh, sure, gimme a second to get changed." She called out and stepped out the shower and dried herself with a towel. She brushed her hair and put it in a plait. She put on a white flowy, off the shoulders blouse and black shorts. She sprayed on some perfume and walked out to her bedroom and see Peter in his silver jacket and he's sitting on her bed.

"Hey," She smiled at him.

He quickly stands up. "Wowza," he smirks.

Natalie smiled, "What's up, Pete?"

"Want to go for a walk?" He asks.