Second Round

With 65 people left in the tournament, the third day of the Phantom Mirage Tournament came with celebration and excitement to continue who would be in the top 5.   On this day, Takeshi wore black, making him look menacing, dark and dangerous.  

"What did you do with your gift that King Takeshi gave you?"  Queen Yuki asked curiously. 

"I fed it to my cat."  Lihua said nonchalantly.  

At that moment, King Nao had just taken a drink of wine, upon hearing that she fed the eye to her cat he automatically spat out the wine in his mouth.  Laughing and coughing at the same time.  

Ah!  Nao thought.  Lady Lihua suits his King Brother best! 

Queen Yuki patted King Nao on the back until he stopped coughing.  Turning to Yuki, he whispered to her.  

"When Lady Lihua said she fed it to her cat, the cat is a lion!"  King Nao told her.  

Queen Yuki's eyes looked at Lihua with awe and surprise.  A lion as a pet?  How could she treat a lion as a pet?  She nodded her head in understanding.  Only Hell KIng would allow a lion as a pet.  

On this day, King Takeshi was the first fighter to be called.  Who ever he was against, no matter how strong he or she was, it was their bad luck to go against King Takeshi.  His opponent was a man from Codal Country and had immediately conceded the moment his number was called.  He just stood up from his seat and said, "I Concede." 

Not surprised in the situation, Takeshi was then given a random number for his third round in fighting.  

As the day progressed Chiyo was he first to be called up from her family.   Chiyo's opponent was Yia Yan, daughter to General Yan from Cara Country.  

After they bowed to the referee, they both stood back to see who would make the first strike.  As the daughter of General Yan, she had a reputation to keep, she couldn't bring her family shame.  She worked hard for such a long time to keep the honor to her name and household, she didn't want to lose in the tournament.  

Chiyo waited out her opponent.  Planning ahead to ensure her victory.  

Yia's patience ran out and she made her move.  She attacked straight on with her sword making contact with Chiyo's sword.  Their body's flash as both of the activated their qi, using their swiftness movement, they followed mirrored each other from one side of the stage to the other.  With every attack Yia made, Chiyo defected it.  With every retreat she made, Chiyo chased her, sticking close to her

Yia thought her second round would be just as easy as her first round.  Chiyo staying close to Yia made her nervous.  Chiyo hadn't even attacked her fully with her strength yet, what was she waiting for?  Yia's nervous actions caused her to make a mistake.  With the opportunity showing up, Chiyo pushed her qi into her sword and swung.  Five qi strikes flew towards Yia.  Yia couldn't dodge the close range attack fast enough.  All five qi strikes hits her back to back, throwing her body back further away from Chiyo.  With each hit, her inner core became more damaged.  Cracking her inner core.  With it's damage, Yia would not be able to keep her qi in her body.  The crack would leak out her qi and any cultivation she did would be a waste of time unless she gets it fix. 

At the moment, no Doctor through out the Countries and Kingdoms have any knowledge on how to heal a crack inner dantain core.  

"Winner, Chiyo Lei of Bido Kingdom." 

--------

Sora and Takao's second round were fought back to back.  Their opponent was at a lower martial stage then them and were able to win their second round in the tournament.  Dai on the other hand had gone up against an opponent from Meya Country that was at a higher martial stage than him and lost in his second round.  Although he put up a fight, he could not win against his opponent who's martial stage was a whole level higher than him.  

Dai conceded when he knew he wouldn't win.  He still wanted the opportunity to go to Phantom Mirage in good health instead of being so injured that he had to stay behind to recuperate.  Dai walked back to his seat with his head held low, but when he reached his siblings and cousin, they patted him on the back in encouragement and told him that he worked hard.  

"As long as you guys don't go up against Hell King, there is an opportunity for either of you guys to rank in the top five."  Dai said as they watched the second round of fighting continue.