The Last Step (2)

After a couple of day of recuperating and cultivating, Lihua felt strong enough to travel to the palace.  When she woke up, word have been sent to Takeshi and although he wanted to fly to her and be next to her, he had to calm himself enough to remember his plans.  If he ran away from the royal palace courtyard arrest, they would say that Takeshi does not hold King Nao in respect and is rebelling.  His would cause suspicion upon himself and Lihua should he leave without being cleared from the murder of the Chen Clan.  

Lihua arrived to the royal palace and her presence was announced to King Nao in the middle of him holding court.  Lihua walked in the court hall in all white with a white veil covering her face.  Her elegance flowed with each step as she held her body straight and proud.  Her hands rested in front of her stomach, one hand resting on top of the other as she walked with a slow steady pace, making everyone move out of her way as she refused to sway to a different course.  When she reach in front of the steps that lead up to the platform that King Nao sat on, Lihua deeply bowed and greeted King Nao.  

"This Lady Wife of Hell King greets King Nao."  Lihua said clearly.  "Please forgive this Lady Wife of Hell King for this Lady has intruded this court session to ask for justice for my King Husband, Hell King.  He has been wrongly accuse of something he had not done."  Lihua cried out pitifully. 

"There is an investigation on the way of the death of the whole Chen Estate.  This King knows that you were injured in Phantom Mirage and have just woken up and don't know any details of the incident. So I'll fill you in.  Everyone in the Chen Estate is dead.  Not even the chickens were left alive."  King Nao told her.  "Its just a formal investigation, if Hell King did not do anything wrong, then he'll be release."  

"My King.  It has been a week since my King Husband was arrested for the suspicion of murder.  How much longer does the Chief of Police need to investigate the murders?  Is it because he needs the time to make up evidence to go against my King Husband?  If my King Husband wanted to kill the Chen Clan, he has the power within himself to lift one finger towards them and create a hole where the Chen Estate resides.  Hell King is a Heavenly Dragon Martial Stage fighter.  If he wanted to kill each and everyone of them, he would have done it in front of everyone and made sure everyone knows that it was him who did it.  He is Hell King!  The Brother of the Highest and Noble Kings of Cara Country.  He is the only Heavenly Dragon Martial Stage fighter in over 300 years!  If he wanted to do it, he would have done it and no one would or could say anything about it."  Lihua cried out sorrowfully.  "The accusation against him is all that it is.  A false accusation against Hell King to bring a wedge between loving and loyal noble brothers. This Lady Wife of Hell King was told that Minister Chen confessed to his crime against my King Husband.  What if he accused my King Husband as his last chance to cause a problem to my King Husband as a way to create trouble for him before Minister Chen dies?  Maybe it was Minister Chen's last chance to bring ill will towards Hell King.  His sins were against Hell King.  Why not his last one as well?"  

King Nao stared down at Lady Lihua.  Her words made sense.  Minister Chen admitted to being the person who deceived Takeshi and admitted to chaining him up inside a cave with the help of his wife and daughter, Akira.  He admitted to doing so, so Akira could marry him instead of Takeshi.  He was livid with their lies and their scheming, but he was mostly mad at himself for falling for their plans and mad at the fact that his brother spent a decade in the cave alone and left there to die.  

Although he believed Minister Chen deserved everything that came his way, unfortunately, he too confessed his sins to the Chief of Police and he was then forced to place Takeshi under palace arrest until the investigations were concluded.  He felt even worst when he explained to Takeshi about the palace arrest with Lihua being sick and unconscious in bed.  

They waited out for the investigation to clear Takeshi's name, but at the moment the Chief of Police kept telling them that the investigation was still being conducted.  

"King Nao, if there was evidence of King Takeshi's involvement in the murder, they would have found it by now.  But since they couldn't find anything, they are stalling for time to create evidence for the crime.  This Lady Wife of Hell King asks King Nao for answers from the Chief of Police.  He has several days to find evidence already and has not presented anything to King Nao and King Takeshi.  This Lady begs King Nao to seek answers for the murder case and should no evidence be found, this Lady begs King Nao to set my King Husband free.  He is innocent."  Lihua pleads with King Nao as she kowtows three times.  Her head banging on the floor loudly as blood could be seen being stain on the ground as her white veil had blood stain on it.  A red blood mark seeped onto the beautiful veil where her forehead was located.  

"Lady Lihua stop!  Should you injure yourself so soon after you have healed, King Takeshi would worry."  King Nao shouted as he stood up.  When he stood up, everyone bowed deeply in protocol.  King Nao quickly walked down the stairs and pulled Lihua up to stand.  "You must not hurt yourself while King Takeshi is confined to palace arrest.  He will not be happy to know that his happened.  Call the royal doctor to attend Lady Lihua!  Call the Chief of Police here.  I want answers today of any evidence.  If no evidence is found, Hell King will be released."  

"Thank you King Nao!"  Lihua cried softly.  "This Lady thanks King Nao for your magnanimity."  

She tried to bow once again, but King Nao tightened his hand that held on to her arms, not letting her bow.  "He'll kill me if you really hurt yourself in front of me."  Nao whispers to her.