Chapter 6

My tightly bound bun already gives me headaches in the early morning, but my curls did not want to look good when I wanted to style them in the morning.

The warm air in the bar - which I now call my current workplace - comes towards  me as I burst through the door.

"You're two minutes too late.", my annoying boss mutters as I get out of my jacket."I'm sorry my bus had a slight delay.", I apologize politely.

His blue eyes stare at me sternly. "Listen. You have to be on time. Always.'', his eyebrows furrow.''I'm really sorry.", I'm still being polite, while his tone is quite bold.

He quietly scoffs and disappears in a small room behind the counter.

Robert looks at me briefly and smiles, "Good morning, Harry.", he says, nodding to me in a greeting way."Good morning, Robert.", I put on my apron and smile back broadly.

...

At the end of the day, the last few guests, who are just walking out the door, say goodbye to Louis. So I'm alone with him now.

Robert's shift ended an hour ago, but there were more guests than usual. So my very lovely boss and I have stayed longer here than necessary.

"There are stains on the table.", he taps his index finger on the surface of one of the black, shining tables. Mutely, I nod and hurry over to him with a moistened cloth.

And now we are here. I'm silently wiping the table and he's right next to me to check if there is any more dirt. And he watches me intensively.

"You did not do a very good job today.", he murmurs suddenly. I roll my eyes and turn to him. He turned his back to me and I clasped my arms in front of my chest.

Have I heard this correctly?

I didn't do a good job today? Is the guy blind?

"If you feel that way, Mister Tomlinson.", I say to him with an sassy undertone in my voice."Yes, I do.", now he turns around to me.

We look each other in the eyes. His, otherwise bright, radiant blue eyes, are dark blue at this moment, and even a little scary.

It is probably the hatred in his eyes, which is so threatening.

"Good, my shift is over.", I put the rag on one of the tables. "I'm definitely going to work harder tomorrow.", I fake-smile at him. He replies the unnatural smile and waves me out.

Fast as the wind, I take off my apron and put on my leather jacket.

When I grab my bag, I drop my key, which makes my boss flinch.

"Do not scare me like that.", Louis says in a harsh tone, looking at the key on the floor."Pick it up quickly and leave. I've got enough of you for today. "

I nod again, and quickly disappear through the door.

...

"Hey, Louis ... '', my eyes fall on the young, brown haired-head next to me and I start to smile."Yes, Harry?'', he looks up at me.

He bent his legs and he sits on the floor. His brown hair falls slightly in his face, but he strokes it away. A small tattoo, which he recently got, is able to be seen on his arm underneath the white fabric of his shirt.

I look straight ahead again and watch the sun going down through the window.

"Do you think friends can kiss each other?", I ask without thinking.

"How do you mean that?", I sense confusion in his voice.

"Well, not like, you know ... not on the cheek or anything.'', I begin."I mean real... kissing. A whole kiss. On the lips.".

"And  tongue!", I add.

An embarrassing silence arises between us both. We both say nothing and wait for the other to say something, but it will not happen so quickly.

This pressure to say something, makes me feel somewhat constricted. As if someone had imprisoned me. A weird feeling that I feel whenever I feel embarrassed.

But when I look back at him, I realize that he has been looking at me all the time. His sparkling eyes look at me and his lips form a broad smile.

"Of course, friends can do that, Harry.", he replies after a long time.

''You give a kiss to good friends, right? That's the saying, huh?''.

Now I grin too."Yes ... yes, that's true." I look away again.

"Why did you ask?", I hear  his voice right next to me after a few minutes that had passed.

He already sat up and is sitting on the sofa facing the window.

"Because I wanted to know your opinion.", I reply calmly.

"Would you want me to kiss, Harry?", he asks me now.

My eyes flicker to his face and I look him deeply in the eyes.

Would I want to kiss Louis?

He is my best friend, he knows everything about me. He probably already knows me better than I know myself.

All my secrets and wishes are safe with him and I can trust him blindly. But would I kiss him?

"Why not?", I reply mischievously, grinning also. His cheeks get a rosy glow, and he looks back towards the window.

And in exactly this moment, I just knew.

I knew that Louis wanted to kiss me too.

...

"Ah, punctual today.", the voice of my boss appears behind me. I turn to him and nod.

I've been here for a quarter of an hour and am busy with getting the bar clean again.

,,Ok, then.''.

He walks past me, to the door.

"I'll go to the flower shop.", he says, opening the door. "Do you want to flirt with the girl at the counter again?", I ask amused and lean back against one of the many blacks tables.

He glares at me now, he seems angry.

"In the first place, I did not ask for...", he paused.

In short, he is speechless and swallows.

His eyes wander between the street outside, the door and my face. Confusedly, I frown and look at him.

"Secondly, that's none of your business." He grumbles and leaves the door behind him.

(A/N)

he's having your baby, it's none of your business

 heyyyy!