The Reckless & The Brave

Glenn Rhee x Reader

"Long live us".

I like to think that if we were all thrown into the apocalypse right now, one where the dead walk among the living, our best friend would be definitely someone we'd want to have around. 

Considering the state of the world right now, it was safe to say you considered yourself lucky for still having Glenn in your life. After years of friendship and being there for one another in pretty much every moment of your lives, good or bad, both of you instinctively sought for each other once all hell broke loose.

The fact that the both of you were just a pair of idiots with absolutely nothing to lose was the one thing that actually kept you two alive from the the hordes that invaded the city almost instantly. As days went by in the new world, your friendship only grew stronger.

It wasn't until you reached the Greene's Family Farm that your little tribe expanded as the korean fell hopelessly in love with the oldest daughter of Hershel Greene. Before you even knew it, you were loving and caring about that brunette as much as he did. She made him so damn happy that it was nearly impossible for you to not consider her as one of your family already.

Now, you found yourselves living in what it seemed to be a little piece of heaven on Earth. Large walls surrounding some kind of suburbs neighbourhood with houses pretty much taken out of real estate magazines. Hot water, electricity and comfortable beds. 

Yeah, this was definitely heaven.

Of course, good things don't last long and just a days ago, a horde managed to tear one of the walls down, causing complete havoc. A lot of people died and too many bullets were used in order to get your home back from the walkers.

Carl was unexpectedly shot in the head, costing him an eye and barely making it out alive from it. The universe decided to be on Rick's side this time though and Denise managed to take every bullet fragment she could possible find, increasing his chances of surviving almost instantly.

But medication was being needed; strong antibiotics and a ton of medical supplies to clean the wound, maybe three or even four times a day, and you needed to get them fast. Also, the community was running low on both food and ammo. 

Your little heaven was soon enough crashing down.

- "I'll go with you" Maggie said sternly to Glenn as the group discussed a plan to get the supplies you needed.

- "If we could find these things in a town, yeah sure I'd be okay with you coming, but it has to be in the city. We won't find them anywhere else" he explained holding her hand. "I won't risk it, you've never been there".

"Heath is still recovering so he's out of the question. I guess I could ask Nicholas but the guy isn't exactly the best" Glenn remarked as he sat trying to come up with new ideas.

- "I'll go" you spoke up from the back, Daryl instantly looking at you. "We've been there before coming across the camp. It'd be like good ol' times". 

- 
"The hell you are" he scoffed completely refusing at the idea of you going. "I'll go with Glenn, you stay here safe".

- "Guys I know you mean well but if I'm gonna do this, I need people that can move around the city and neither of you know how to do that" he told both him and Maggie as they both shared the exact same concerned look on their faces. "I'm sorry Daryl but I'll definitely feel a whole lot safer with (Y/N) on the team".