One ・ Part I

Daryl Dixon x Reader

"Take my hand and my heart and soul, I will only have these eyes for you".

Another sun rising over Alexandria and another day waiting to be lived. 
It was early in the morning, you had just finished covering the night shift at the guard tower and you found yourself sitting by the steps of your house, your mind wandering to better times. 

To a time when the dead didn't walk the Earth and everything was simpler.

・・・

- "Come on (Y/N), have fun for once in your life. It's not going to kill you, you know?" your best friend Ella insisted on you going to her new boyfriend's place for a beer. 

For the hundreth time. 

- "You know I hate meeting new people and your taste in men ranks from drug dealers to gangsters so no, thank you. I'd much rather stay at home" you sat on the couch, turning the TV on in attempts of completely ignoring her pleas.

- "Okay fine. It's not like I'm always asking you to help me" she ranted.

- "What are you talking about? You are always asking me for help" you chuckled making her crack as well, releasing a bit of tension in the room. As you noticed she wasn't going to actually let this little feud go, you gave up and rolled your eyes. 

"Fine, tell me about this new guy". 

Her smile grew wider letting out a loud squeak and clapping her hands like a kid. You had been friends with the girl ever since you could remember, as much as you liked to pretend you didn't care about her life, she was the only family you had left so you kinda had no other choice but to listen.

- "I've been seeing him for a while and he's great. We've been having amazing sex. Oh my god, you should have seen the siz-".

- "Ew. Avoid dirty details please" you cut her off with a look of disgust in your face.

- "The thing is his brother is back from whatever the hell he was and things are awfully awkward now because the guy is just plain creepy. I mean, he doesn't say anything, he just sits there while we, you know, upstairs. I don't know, it's weird".

- "And of course you want to leave me with this creepy guy while you get your brains fucked" you teased, finally putting in evidence her plan. 

- "Please" she begged making you laugh.

- "You'll do the laundry for a month" you stated walking to your room to put on some decent clothes for a change. "And the dishes".

- "Yes! Definitely. God, I love you. Wear something nice. Just because he's creepy doesn't mean he isn't cute" she winked at you, concern obviously showing in your face.

Arriving to the place, you noticed the neighborhood had a really bad vibe and I would be lying if I said you weren't scared. This felt wrong from the start and the second you turned the engine of your car off, you wanted to get out of there.

- "Ella, if I die in this place, I'll come back and kill you myself" she laughed and immediately got out of the car and ran to the door. You followed behind. 

- "Hey beautiful" a guy opened the door to her and his tongue instantly met your friend's. Honestly, it was disgusting to even watch. 

"And what do we have here" he said with that tone of voice only perverts use. He ran his tongue over his bottom lip as well,  his eyes scanning you up and down. You couldn't help but to let out a forced smile.