Chapter 10

Elayna continued walking until she heard a sound in the bushes. She stopped but didn't go off the path. She carefully pulled out a dagger that the queen had packed for her. Suddenly she heard a very loud thud and the sound of tree branches snapping and breaking. She jumped and turned around, dagger held out. When she saw what it was she couldn't believe her eyes. It was a Unicorn! Elayna was frozen. Unsure of what to do.

"Where do you wish to go?" asked a high pitched male voice. Elayna threw her head around but no one was behind her. 

"Did you say something?" she asked the Unicorn.

"Where do you wish to go?" the voice said again. Elayna was sure it came form the Unicorn but it's mouth wasn't moving. 

"You can talk?" she asked in amazement. The Unicorn nodded it's head. 

"Can you answer me? Where do you wish to go?" the Unicorn said again. 

"The forest of fawns and foxes" Elayna responded. "I'm looking for a Satyr named Samus" she added. The Unicorn slowly stepped towards her. 

"You're almost there" it said. There will be a sign up ahead and then you have to follow the red flowers to Samus's cave.

"Thank you!" Elayna said and then continued on her way. Once she was far enough away she jumped and did a little dance. In all her years of living here she had never seen a Unicorn and for the first time she had. Maybe coming back here wasn't such a bad idea.