Chapter 16

The sun was peeking over the horizon when Samus and Elayna reached the mount of Griffins. As they landed a griffin flew down from the top of the  mountain to meet them. The griffin was about the same size as the dragon. Elayna stayed on the back of the dragon as Samus jumped to go talk to the griffin. 

"Gia, we need your help" Samus began. The griffin didn't respond. Elayna wondered if she could talk. "Davoura escaped and I think she wants to take over the kingdom" Samus stated. 

"How can I help?" Gia asked.

"Well if that is her plan then we need an army. Would you and some of your most trusted be willing to aid?"  Gia flew up to the top of the mountain. 'Is that a rejection?' Elayna asked herself but not too long after she returned with 2 or 3 dozen griffins. When they landed Gia asked, 

"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow" Samus responded. "We will take off early, at dusk but for now we rest." he added. 

~

Later that night while Elayna and Samus were camped out on the beach Gia approached Elayna. 

"Welcome back" she said.  The griffin has grey fur but her wings were jet black and her eyes were a piercing blue. 

"Thank you, I'm happy to be back and to be apart of the cause" Elayna responded.

"I led a search party for prince John when you disappeared" Elayna looked down at the sand she was sitting on.

"I'm sorry. I was scared and lonely and I fell in love. I could have handled things better but I didn't know how to" Elayna explained. Gia came closer to Elayna and looked into her eyes.

"You are a free soul, no one, not even yourself can help that" Gia said. It made Elayna feel better. She smiled. Gia shot a toothy grin at Elayna and then walked off.