6

Claudia chuckled, "Why do you say that?"

"That's all he ever talks about. I swear he never shuts up about it,"

"That is not true. Some people actually want to hear it," Gaston said motioning to a group of three brunette girls.

"Well of course they do! They follow you around like a lost puppy and practically pass out every time you look at them!" Mason said, "Unless you want to fall asleep from boredom, I suggest not listening to him," He said turning to Claudia.

Gaston rolled his eyes.

"Earlier I heard Mason say something about tracking down your sister?" Gaston said, changing the topic.

"Yeah, my sister Odette, I lost her in the forest early this morning," Claudia said.

"What should I be looking for when I go?"

"When you go? Alone?" Claudia asked.

"Yes. Alone, it's dangerous,"

"I don't think so Monsieur War Hero. This is my sister we're talking about here. I'm going with you,"

"Claudia it's dangerous," Gaston said.

"Exactly. Which is why you need someone to go with you. Just know that I will not take no for an answer," Claudia said.

"Fine," Gaston sighed, "We'll leave tomorrow at dawn,"

"Thank you. I'll see you both tomorrow then," Claudia said getting up to leave.

"Claudia, do you have somewhere to stay at all?" Mason said.

Claudia turned around, "No, I don't think I do."

"Would you like to stay with us? We live just above the tavern," Mason said.

"That would be wonderful, thank you so much," Claudia smiled.

**

Claudia shivered slightly as she walked into the other room. When she turned the corner, her jaw dropped. Mason was standing there, shirtless.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," Claudia said turning around immediately.

"It's fine," Mason said grabbing her arm gently and turning her around.

Claudia could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as she looked at Mason.

"You like what you see?" Mason chuckled.

"Oh please, don't flatter yourself that much, Captain," Claudia chuckled.

"Is everything alright? Can I get you something?"

"Yeah, actually I'm kind of cold. Could I get another blanket?"

"Of course," Mason said.

"You can have mine," Gaston and Mason said in unison.

Gaston appeared from around the corner, shirtless as well. Claudia smiled and raised an eyebrow.

"Both the handsome Beaumont and LeGume brothers coming to my rescue! How will I ever choose?"

"By taking mine," Gaston said walking over to Claudia and wrapping the blanket around her.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be cold,"

"I'll be fine. Believe me, if I can survive war, I'm certain I can handle being a little cold for the night," Gaston said leading Claudia out of the room and back to her bed.

"Get some rest. We'll leave tomorrow at dawn,"

Claudia nodded.

The next morning, Claudia slipped into her dress and walked down the hallway. She peered into the other room and saw Mason sleeping soundly. She walked down the stairs and out the tavern doors.

"Shall I join you for dinner tonight?" A voice said.

"No...." Another one said.

"Busy?"

"No..."

Claudia turned around to see Gaston holding a bouquet of flowers, talking to Belle.

"I believe that she said no, Gaston," Claudia said.

They both turned around. Gaston walked up to Claudia so that they were practically nose to nose. Claudia straightened up.

"Get ready, we leave in three minutes," He said brushing past her.

"Thank you, he never seems to take a hint!" Belle said, "He asked me to marry him!"

"What?"

"I know! Can you believe it? Me! The wife of the boorish, brainless man! Madame Gaston, can't you just see it? Madame Gaston, his little wife! Ugh!"

"Claudia!"

"That's my cue, I'll see you around,"