19

"I've been here before, I've seen this room and I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you," The Beast said, walking with Odette down the long hallway to the library.

"What about everyone else?" Odette asked.

"It seems like I'm alone sometimes, I get the impression that they really don't like me at times," He replied.

"I'm sure that's not true at all," Odette said reassuringly.

They walked through the doors of the library and began to take down piles of books. Odette noticed a rather large one and grabbed it off the table.

"What's this book about?" Odette asked, holding it up.

"That is a special book, courtesy of the Enchantress," He said.

"Special? What does it do?" Odette asked.

"Allow me,"

He opened up the book and blew a cloud of dust off of the pages. It was a nap of the world, with lines of glowing gold.

Odette looked at the book in wonder

"Close your eyes. Place you hand on it, and think of a place you've always wanted to see," He said.

Odette placed her hand on the pages and closed her eyes. The Beast put his paw over Odette's hand. Wind started to blow all around them. Odette felt herself being lifted off the ground.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself in the center of a bustling village. The sun was shining bright and the sky was a clear blue. She looked around, a slight smile peeking onto her lips.

"Where did you take us?" He asked.

"Wherever my sister is," Odette replied.

Odette looked around some more and squealed with joy when she spotted her sister, walking through the crowd of people with a man. Odette recognized him; Mason.

"Claudia!" Odette cried joyfully, running towards her.

She went to hug her, but she passed right through her. Odette landed flat on the ground.

Odette looked shocked and hurt at the same time, "What?" She asked.

"She can't hear or see you," The Beast said, placing his paw on her shoulder.

Odette's smile completely wiped off her face, "I want to go back,"

The Beast nodded, "Alright,"

They both closed their eyes and found themselves back in the castle library.

"That wasn't as fun as I thought it would be," Odette said quietly.