18

Mason stepped off the table and walked towards Gaston. He raised a brow.

"What's your problem?" Mason snapped.

"You," Gaston shot back.

"What, are you jealous? Jealous that Claudia prefers me over you?"

Gaston scoffed angrily. Mason walked closer to him, crossing his arms. Gaston glared back at Mason.

"Nothing to say? Because you know I'm right!" Mason said.

Gaston punched Mason right in the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards and hit his head on the wooden table. Claudia screamed and jumped off the table. Everyone in the tavern gasped.

Before she could reach Mason, he got up and slugged Gaston back. Gaston stumbled out of the tavern and onto the dusty ground. Claudia pushed her way through the crowd and ran to the brawling brothers.

Mason punched him again. Gaston kicked him in the stomach and Mason fell backwards against the brick wall.

Gaston continued to punch Mason. Claudia could see that his nose was bleeding and that his lip was busted open.

"Stop!" Claudia screamed.

Gaston ignored her cry and continued to punch Mason. Mason eventually worked up enough strength and threw Gaston off of him. Gaston fell onto the ground and Mason stood above him, continuously punching him.

Gaston's lips began to bleed as Mason continued to punch him. Gaston pushed him off and tackled him down onto the ground, slugging him constantly.

"Stop! Please stop! You're hurting him!" Claudia yelled.

"Stay back Claudia," Gaston growled.

"No!" Claudia yelled.

She ran to them and struggled to pull Gaston off, as he was much stronger and heavier than her. Claudia pushed Gaston off and against the wall.

"You ass!" She yelled.

Without thinking or hesitating, Claudia slapped Gaston across the face with a loud crack. He grunted. Again without thinking, Claudia lifted her knee in one swift motion and let it hit where the sun doesn't shine.

Gaston's eyes widened and then he pursed his lips together tightly, holding back a painful cry. He balled his hand into a fist as he slowly fell onto his knees.

Claudia glared at him, "If you ever hurt him again, I swear to god Gaston," She growled.

She ran over to Mason and kneeled down next to him.

"Come on, let's go get you some ice and get you cleaned up," Claudia said softly.

Mason groaned and sat up slowly. Claudia put his arm around her shoulder and helped him stand up. She shot Gaston a nasty glare before walking back inside the tavern with Mason.