9

Odette glared at the beast and he glared back at her. They walked down the hallway and he lead her to a large dining room. At each end of the long table, there were plates, napkins and wine glasses. In the center of the table, was a huge turkey, a steaming pot of tomato bisque, loaves of bread, and other foods that Odette couldn't name.

Odette pulled out the chair, sat down and placed the napkin on her lap. Lumierè walked over to Odette and piled food onto her plate.

"Bon appetite!" He smiled.

"Thank you Lumierè," Odette smiled back.

At least they were kind to her.

Odette and the Beast ate in awkward silence, shooting nasty looks at each other occasionally. He finally spoke up, breaking the silence.

"I can't believe I have to eat my meal with a trespasser," He snapped.

"You're still going to call me that?" Odette shook her head, "Well excuse me for wanting shelter from the storm! But I'd rather be a trespasser than a beast!"

He glared at her, "You had no right to just walk in!"

"And that's why I called out! But nobody answered!"

"You know what? Dinner is over! You can starve!"

"Finally! I'd rather starve than ever eat with you again! And you know what?"

"What?" He snapped back.

"I hate you!" Odette yelled, pushing her chair back and slamming her fists down on the table.

"Good!"

Odette scoffed and ran back up to her room, her vision getting slightly blurry from the tears that threatened to spill.