5. Yuuma Isogai

E/C = Eye Color

Reader's Point of View

____

"Alright, it's your turn now," Nakamura says cheerfully as the last pair walks out of the room avoiding each other's gazes, both of their cheeks pink. Naturally, she had been the one to suggest the idea of playing, and Koro-sensei had wholeheartedly supported the idea, both of them excited to put their matchmaking skills and opportunities to work. So far, though, no one had walked out of the small room hopelessly in love with their partner.

I had been reluctant to agree to playing the game, but Maehara had chimed in, saying it would help me "relax" from the stress of planning the assassinations, though how making out with random boys in my class could be relaxing, I don't know. Honestly, it seems more stressful.

I sigh. "I know," I say, succumbing to my fate and reaching into the bag. My best friend, Isogai, gives me a kind and reassuring smile, which I return.

Nakamura takes the paper from me before I can read the name on it, telling me, "It'll be a surprise," while chuckling to herself in a way that makes me feel apprehensive.

"What are you planning?" I ask her, frowning suspiciously as she laughs and claps me on the back, not answering my question.

I sigh again, shaking my head, before walking into the room. It's small, and there's a bed in the middle of it. I can't help but notice the wrinkles on the sheets. I walk over and perch on the side of the bed, taking deep breaths. As the door opens, I stand up, my eyes squinting, trying to make out his face.

A small, surprised sound escapes me as I see who it is. "I-isogai?" I stutter.

I feel myself blush, looking at my best friend since childhood. He smiles at me and steps closer. I nervously smile back.

"Are you alright?" he asks, concern written on his face.

"I'm alright..." I reply. Maybe it's just the somewhat dark surroundings, or maybe it's the circumstances, but I find myself noticing his eyes, the color of melted gold. They're warm as always, but something about them makes me want to shiver. His slightly spiked hair frames the sides of his face, somehow emphasizing the kindness and wisdom behind his face. Something stirs inside me.

Despite being so close to him, I've never really looked at him this way before. I've always tried to stop any attraction I've felt with him that went beyond simply friendship, afraid and tired of seeing friendships ruined because of attempts to become "more than" friends. I don't want that to happen between us.

I step back nervously, but the back of my foot kicks the bedpost, making me stumble in surprise.

"Y/N!" Isogai says, moving with sudden speed and catching me. "Are you alright?" he asks again.

I can't reply, frozen in his arms. He feels so warm, and being held by him makes me feel safe and peaceful. The thought sends a rush of heat to my cheeks. Isogai hesitates, unsure of how to react to my lack of reply. He sits down on the bed and gently puts me on it, letting me lean my head on his shoulder as he always has, but this time feels different. I feel confused and groggy.

"I'm okay," I say finally. "Just tired."

He turns to face me, putting his feet on the bed. "Maybe you should rest after this. You're important to all of us, we all need you. Maehara's right, you do need to relax once in awhile. You shouldn't work so hard all the time," he tells me kindly.

I face him too, looking down and fiddling with the bed sheets. "Yeah..." I say softly.

I look up suddenly and catch him staring at me intently. I blink in surprise. Are his cheeks slightly pink, or is that just my imagination? I crawl closer to him, suddenly yearning for his familiar warmth again.

He looks a bit surprised, and then smiles, sadly. "Y/N..." He leans forward suddenly and kisses me on the cheek. I gasp inadvertently. He feels it and he sits back, slowly, avoiding my questioning look. My hand reaches up and touches the spot his lips touched my skin. All I can remember is the softness of his lips, and I am filled with a yearning, as if all the feelings I've quieted and pushed away before are bubbling up to the surface all at once.

"Isogai..." I whisper. He still avoids my gaze. I bite my lip, unsure of what to do. Should I stop this sudden madness before it goes too far, or should I take it and run with it? Should I let myself go, just this once? But if I do, can things return back to normal between us? The questions fill my mind and I tremble with indecision.

Maybe this is what Maehara meant when he said I could relax. By "relax," did he mean that I could let myself feel what I truly wanted to feel?

I feel myself become suddenly exhausted, and I want nothing more than to just lean my head on Isogai's shoulder again. With that thought, my mind is made up. I suddenly don't care about the consequences. I just want to give in to and relish my yearning.

I crawl even closer to him. As he looks up, startled by my sudden movement, I crawl onto his lap and brush my lips against his, holding them there for a few seconds before leaning back, biting my lip, scared of what his reaction would be.

His face is unreadable, and I feel a flash of fear at what I had just done. But his face softens. His arms pull me closer to him, stopping my retreat. I bury my face into his chest, my face burning.

"Y/N," he breathes, and his hand gently raises my chin and I look at him, tears of embarrassment in my eyes. I avert them. He leans forward slowly, and when my eyes flick back to his, his lips close on mine.

I don't know what to do, as emotions shower like shooting stars through my body, all heading toward my heart. Though my body reacts, turning my head slightly, my hands placed flat on his chest, I am frozen on the inside, paralyzed as bright sparks rain over me.

Isogai turns his body, and I realize that his arm is the only thing supporting me and keeping me close to him. My body is almost horizontal to the bed, his face above mine. Our lips move in sync with each other. His head moves away slightly, and then our lips meet again. The kiss grows deeper and more passionate. My back is completely on the bed, and he is almost on top of me.

My eyes flutter open, meeting his pale gold eyes. They're so full of emotion and intensity, I can't look away, my wide (E/C) eyes pinned by his.

We are lost in a world that is completely our own, a world in which we don't have to hide our emotions for each other, a world where we know that we can make our feelings work, and that everything will be okay. We will kill Koro-sensei and save the world before our time is up, we can be who we want to be, do what we want to do, because we're together.

Our kiss breaks and we are panting for air. Isogai is propped on his elbows above me. He lowers his head and gingerly plants his lips where my jawline meets my ear. I feel a soft moan escape me. I feel his smile against my skin, filling me with a low desire that thrums in my ears and clouds my eyesight.

"I like you, Isogai," I say quietly, my tongue testing the sounds the words make.

His lips brush mine again. "I like you, too," he says.

"I..." I struggle for words. "I really, really like you," I finish lamely.

He nods, his eyes signifying that he understands what I try to say. I smile and lean my head back down on the bed. He smiles back and rolls off the bed, standing next to me.

The door opens. "Times up," Nakamura says cheerfully, grinning at the sight of me sitting up on the bed, my hair messy. I feel suddenly self-conscious.

Sensing my discomfort, Isogai offers me helps me up and squeezes my hand.

I smile at him, just as I hear the sound of a phone camera taking pictures. I whirl to the side. "Nakamura!"

She gives me a devil's grin, holding up her phone and swiping through the pictures of me smiling at Isogai. "Whoops," she says, as she swipes too far, revealing a picture of me and Isogai on the bed.

"What?? But how-" I say, outraged. I don't bother finishing the sentence. She isn't there anymore. I can hear her evil laughter outside. I start off in angry pursuit, but Isogai stops me, grabbing my hand.

"Take it easy," he says, "we can make her delete them later. You should get some rest, remember?"

I sigh. "Ok," I say, leaning in to give him a hug. For today, I'll just relax.