12. Yandere!Gakushuu Asano

Dedicated to Kawaii_Sylveon_027 for supporting me all the time :D

The party starts off great. There's food, drinks that Koro Sensei made sure were non alcoholic, and a general sense of just comfort and relaxation. The room is abuzz with the light sound of pleasant conversation, nothing really loud or uncomfortable that might come to mind from the word "party." It could actually be considered boring (which isn't a bad thing).

Nakamura and Karma and a few others notice this and, of course, decide to set up a great game of Seven Minutes in Heaven.

Because we're teenagers. We love making out with other people. It's what we do. Or, at least, I think kissing is a pleasurable act; that might just be me.

Not everyone agrees to play, and after a few rounds, I'm called on to volunteer for the game.

I'm okay with that, too.

I just shrug and pick up the slip of paper that's lying at the top of the pile. In hindsight, bad idea.

I might hesitate a little before reading the name, but if I do, it's not because of some sense of foreboding, not because I sense that something might be wrong. If I hesitate, it's to heighten the suspense. Will I get a "good" boy, or a "bad" one?

Or do I get the creepy psycho ex-boyfriend?

Asano

That's it. And even though it says it right there, even though it is undeniably his handwriting, even then, I don't freak out or panic. I laugh, because surely it's a joke. Many people have heard my complaints about my ex. They've all heard his possessiveness and jealousy, how controlling he is. How I finally broke up with him when he refused to let me out of my own home past 8 o'clock.

They don't know how his eyes looked when I yelled at him that we were over and walked past him. They didn't see how his pupils seemed to shrink back, how his face went still. They don't know how scared I was that he would chase me.

All they know is that if Asano really did show up, I would freak. It's perfect prank material, and naturally, I refuse to let it get to me. And it doesn't, because it's a joke.

I had another boyfriend after Asano, a boy from a different school. I liked him alot, and he seemed to like me too, and we definitely had a thing going. Then one day, he just up and told me he couldn't see me anymore. Just like that. Did he look a bit scared? Did he hop from foot to foot and keep looking over his shoulder? Yes, I remember he did, but I didn't think much of it.

Not until I read the next day that he had gone missing. Police suspected he had run away from home, because his backpack had gone missing with him, and some clothes, food, money, and his toothbrush. Maybe I'm just paranoid, still scarred from dating Asano or something, but I've read enough yandere fanfictions to know that when your boyfriend goes missing and the boy you previously dated is an obsessive maniac, something's probably going on.

"Come on, guys, this isn't funny," I say, but I smile a little to make them feel better about themselves. Looking up, their faces are all surprised and confused. "What?"

"Um, what's he doing here?" Kayano asks, looking over my shoulder. My insides freeze then, with a strange aching feeling. I feel like icicles are growing through me, stabbing me from the inside out. I might as well be dead now. A shudder ripples through my body as the blood drains from my face.

"No way..." I mutter under my breath. I quickly refold the paper and crumple it in my fist, as if that would make the name disappear. As I do, I feel a warm body press against my back, and two arms wrap around me from behind.