18. Koro-Sensei

This was requested almost half a year ago by TheWhitePaladin 

I'm sooo sorry, you probably don't even care about this anymore :O I didn't have time to put in the extended scene, but I might write that as its own one shot later ;;

Anyway, thanks, and I hope you guys like!

I wasn't prepared when I first met Koro-sensei. It's not like they didn't prepare me for it. They did. They explained it all very clearly. My mission: to teach a classroom of junior high students the skill of assassination, and to hopefully get rid of my fellow teacher if the opportunity arose.

They told me a lot about Koro-sensei, that he'd blown up the moon, that he'd blow up the earth, and all of humanity, if given the chance. They told me his weaknesses and his endless range of abilities, and the strengths and weaknesses of my fellow teachers and assassins as well.

Up until the moment I first met him, I had been confident in my role and ability to rid the world of a heartless, evil, not-quite-human being. It was just another job.

But then Karasuma introduced him to me, and everything changed.

Karasuma had been showing me around after the day had ended for the students. Pausing outside the entrance to a classroom, he'd gestured me over. Looking inside, I saw Koro-sensei poring over a huge book, scribbling down notes at an unhuman pace.

"What's he doing?" I asked Karasuma quietly. He kept his eyes on Koro-sensei as he answered.

"He's taking notes on his students. He's analyzing their strengths and weaknesses, so that he can be the best teacher he can possibly be. He does it every day after class." Karasuma lowered his voice. "He may be about to destroy the world, but he's one heck of a teacher." I nodded, absorbing this new piece of information. As a teacher myself, I was able to respect his dedication, even though I still knew my main focus was on my mission.

"Come on, I'll introduce you," he said. He entered the room and I followed. Standing in front of Koro-Sensei, he coughed slightly to get his attention.

Koro-Sensei looked up. Seeing me, his eyes widened slightly, and he stood up. I eyed him as he towered in front of us at over nine feet, in his strange, yellow octopus like form.

"This is Ms. Clarkson, she will be teaching alongside you from now on," Karasuma said, introducing me to Koro-sensei. "And Ms. Clarkson, this is Koro-sensei, who you will be working with."

I shook his hand. His grasp was firm, though his hands were soft. I didn't try any tricks, none of the assassination attempts that might have been expected from the beginning. He shook my hand unhesitatingly, seemingly carefree and relaxed. I took note of this in the back of my head.

"Welcome," he said warmly as I pulled my hand away. His smile seemed to stretch even wider as he put his tentacles to his face. "I'm so glad you'll be joining us! I just know the kids will be so excited to meet a new face!" he gushed, eagerly swinging his tentacles back and forth.

"Thank you," I said, unsure of how else to reply. I eyed him curiously. He was such a strange being. He was nothing like I had expected, not cold-hearted, not malicious like I'd thought he would be. Instead, he was...warm. I wondered about him, about how someone like him could possibly be a threat to all of our lives.

And thus, the first seed of doubt was planted.

It wasn't safe, though, this doubt, and I knew I couldn't be foolish enough not to realize it. I did my best to shut it off. Soon enough, I thought to myself, he would reveal his true colors.