14. Male! Rio Nakamura

Despite any misgivings I might have, I write my name down on the slip of paper and slip into the bag being held out to me, already filled with numerous other slips of papers like mine. It's 7 Minutes in Heaven, and, honestly, I wasn't going to join until I saw who was going to be reaching into that bag.

Nakamura. He's one of the most popular boys in my class. His blond hair is usually swept back in a ponytail, except for a few strands that frame his face. His light blue eyes are always sharp with intelligence and contain a mischievous glint that sends chills down my spine. I have a minor crush on him, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Still, I'm a bit nervous slipping my name into the bag, because I've never joined in before.

Karma, of course, picks up on this. He smirks and casually drapes an arm around my shoulder. "So... that's who you're aiming for," he says, dramatically sweeping an arm in Nakamura's direction. Seeing the gesture, Nakamura turns to us and grins. I smile back, uncertainly.

"I am not 'aiming' for anyone," I retort, disentangling myself from Karma's arm.

"Ooh, look, he's gonna pick," Karma says slyly. I roll my eyes and huff.

"And why should I care?" I mutter, feigning disinterest while allowing myself to be pulled closer by Karma.

"You're name's in the bag, isn't it?" I have no comeback, so I ignore him. There is already a small group gathered around Nakamura. I think he winks at Karma, but I figure it's just my imagination. Next to me, Karma can't stop himself from smiling, and I frown at him.

"What are you planning...?" I ask, suspicions beginning to form in my mind, each one worse than the last.

Now it's his turn to ignore me, staring intently at Nakamura. I shrug and turn my attention back to the blond in the center of our small circle as he slowly unfolds a piece of paper. There is a moment of silence, as if everybody is holding their breath. For once, his face seems devoid of any emotion, and anxiety and anticipation twist in the back of my throat.

The moment ends just as quickly, Nakamura's familiar grin returning. He dramatically holds up the piece of paper, turns, and walks straight toward me. I gape at him as he stops in front of me and holds out a hand to me.

"Looks like I got you," he says.

"What??" My eyes widen in disbelief. I take the paper from his hand and look at it.

"Y/N L/N, that's what it says, right?" I nod, seeing my own familiar handwriting.

"Yeah, that's me," I say, trying to regain my composure. Karma chuckles knowingly and pushes me forward, straight into Nakamura's arms. I immediately flinch back, my cheeks turning red.

"Uh, sorry," I mutter, avoiding everyone's gazes.

"It's alright," Nakamura says, sounding a little...pleased? He gently touches my wrist and guides me to the room that has been set aside for this game.

I walk in, looking around but not seeing much. As soon as my eyes adjust to the dim lighting of the room, I feel myself being spun into Nakamura's arms.

"U-uh, what?" I say impulsively, taken by surprise. I find myself staring at Nakamura's neck and feeling very, very short.

"This is Seven Minutes in Heaven," Nakamura reminds me.

"Oh, right," I say, feeling foolish and a more than a little scared. Now that I am in the room with him, I realize that I don't know anything when it comes to stuff like this.

"Unless you don't want to do anything," Nakamura says quickly, feeling my reluctance. His face falls a little.

"N-no, it's not that," I say quickly, blushing hard. "It's just that I've never.... I haven't..."

Nakamura tilts my chin up. "So this would be your first kiss, huh?"

This close to him, I feel my throat close up, leaving me speechless. I manage a nod.

"I'll be gentle," he says. I nod again, my wide eyes looking into his, which, up close, are a startling shade of blue, glimmering even in the darkness.

Leaning down, Nakamura gently but firmly presses his lips to mine. I feel my heart hammering at the base of my throat, and I wonder briefly if he feels it too, before I am swept off my feet and transported to another world. Nakamura's lips feel light and soft like a smile.

My mind registers his arms tightening around me. I feel like I'm caught, sparks flying from our lips to his arms, trapping me in a place I don't want to escape. My eyes close, and I feel the walls of the room peel away, the classmates waiting outside peeling away as our time ticks away from 7 minutes to 6. The feel of gravity holding me down to the floor slips away like a ghost.

Trancelike, dreamlike, one of my hands reaches up to his cheek, nudging it into a better angle. In response, his tongue darts out, flicking against the entrance into my mouth. I melt apart, letting him in, and he wastes no time taking advantage of the fact.

We stay like that, letting the world fade into one that is our own, until we've almost had our fill. We break apart, taking in a breath that sends life flooding back to our senses. We're still close and I realize I am clinging onto Nakamura with a need that's a bit embarassing.

"Sorry," I say, and try to bring my arms back to my sides, but his grip only tightens on me.

"Don't worry about it," he says quietly. I look anxiously back at his face, searching his expression for something -- approval, maybe. This close, the strands of his hair fall forward into my face, and I reach up and brush them out of the way, tucking them behind his ear for him. A small gesture, but it feels strangely intimate, something that I blame on our proximity. Anything we do could seem intimate at our closeness.

Nakamura interrupts the silence growing between us, offering me a crooked smile and saying, "That was amazing, wasn't it?"

I nod, feeling a blush creep up my face again. Nakamura opens his mouth, about to say something, when the door suddenly bursts open.

"Time's up!" Karma calls into the room. I can hear the laughter in his voice, and, feeling suspicious, I turn my face in his direction to see a camera flash.

"Hey!" I break out of Nakamura's arms and make a halfhearted swipe for the camera. Karma ducks out of the way and runs out of the room, laughing.

"Oi, Karma, send me the picture!" Nakamura calls after him.

"What?!" I sputter before Nakamura closes the door and wraps himself around me.

"Now, where were we..."

___

Let's just say, we didn't come out of that room for a while~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

___