1

I wake up to my loud alarm on my phone. It's the chirping of birds. I pull the blanket over my head and I feel the night stand next to me trying to find my phone. The alarm stops after I tap my phone screen a few times. I lay in bed for a while not wanting to leave my because if I do, I have to deal with life. I eventually get up to go to my closet and pick out what to wear for school today. I don't have many clothes too choose from, so it doesn't take long. Just about five shirts and two pairs of jeans, but I'm still grateful for what I have. I grab my plain long sleeved grey sweater that is laying on my closet floor next to the rest of my clothes along with a pair of ripped jeans. I'm not very organized. I take off the one red and black plaid pajama outfit I had and I put on my outfit for today. I grab my red brush from my night stand and I go to my small bathroom next to my dirty closet. I turn on the bathroom light and I brush my teeth thinking to myself.

"I'll clean it later" I say to myself everyday, but I never do because I'm such a slob. I grab my black backpack filled with buttons and badges on the front. Some with quotes and some of my favorite bands. I put on my black and white vans heading out my bedroom door. I live in a one story house with my abusive father, I hate him. My mother died from giving birth to me and he believes it's my fault she's dead. If I had a choice to be born, I wouldn't be here right know. He's the reason I used to self harm, but I stopped about a month ago. There are scars all over my arms, thighs and stomach. I've been trying to stay strong. I walk passed my fathers bedroom quickly and quietly. The living room to my left and the kitchen to my right and straight ahead, the front door. I run right out the front door not wanting any encounters with my dad. I start walking to my school which is just around the corner. I pull out my blue earphones and I listen to Nirvana, one of my favorite bands of all time on my iPhone.

I eventually arrive at school and right on time for first period, Algebra 2. I walk in to see our Algebra teacher, Mr. Braden, is writing something on the dry erase board. Only about two people have arrive in their seats. My seat is in the far left, in the back corner with an empty seat next, and in front of me. No one talks to me except my best friend, Hugo who sits beside me. I met him at lunch one day and he saw I was sitting by myself. Usually when someone tries to talk to me I ignore them, but Hugo was just so nice. I take out my earphones and I stuff them in my front pocket, along with my phone. I take out my math binder and my only pencil I had. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket. The text "Hugo <3" pops up across the screen. Underneath the text is "Morning beautiful" He sends me that everyday because I have very low self-esteem. I think it's sweet. It makes me smile everytime.

Hugo <3: Morning beautiful

Me: I think you may have the wrong number..

Hugo <3: I think not this is my wonderful best friend ever Macy Brooks?

Me: Lol correct, whatsup

Hugo <3: Can't come to school today, sick *cough* *cough*

Me: No!, what about Dylan?

Hugo <3: If he lays a hand on you, I'll kill him.

Me: I don't think me saying that will help the situation...

Hugo <3: If he lays a hand on you, I'll beat his ass.. again... I mean it

Me: Who could forget that fight, the whole school was talking about it

Hugo <3: Well he made fun of you for wearing the same clothes everyday, he needed a lesson taught to him. It isn't your fault.

The class starts filling in.

Me: Gotta go, get well soon

I put my phone in my back pocket and I sit in silence waiting for class to start.

"Ok, class today we will be going over equations again" Mr. Braden says shutting the door. He hands out a worksheet to everyone with many equations on it. I'm a smart girl, I've had straight A's all my life. I finish my worksheet in about five minutes all fifty questions front and back. As I sat my pencil down finishing the last problem, the classroom door opens revealing the counselor. She walks in to reveal behind her, a extremely pale boy with orange like eyes, and fluffy blond hair. He had a grey shirt and a black jacket on the whole class, but me bursts out in laughter. I hear the words, vampire, ghost all around the room. I just look at him feeling sorry for him. His first day and he's already getting bullied. He ignores and walks to the seat in front of me and sits down, but I could tell he was trying to hold in his anger and stay calm. I study him and his appearance. He had a plain black backpack and torn black converse. I could feel all of the classrooms eyes on him, it was awkward. I just wanted to yell what is your problem to the whole class.

"Ok enough class!" Mr. Braden says trying talking to the counselor. The class is silent, but there are still a few looks going around until the counselor finally leaves the room.

"Ok class that is our new student Elijah, please show him proper respect" Mr. Braden says. He hands Elijah a worksheet and the class gets back to work. Right as I was about to stand to turn in my paper, he turn to me.

"Can I borrow a pencil?" The boy asks. His eyes are like a sparkling orange mixer with yellow. I suddenly forget the question and I get lost in his eyes. I've never seen anything like them, they were so pretty.

"Hello?" He says, but by his tone, I could tell he was annoyed. I refocus and I realized what I was doing kind of feeling embarrassed.

"Umm, I don't have one" I say. He looks down at the pencil in my hands as I fiddle with it.

"There is one in your hand" He says.

"I'm using it" I say.

"Your done with it?" He looks at my paper.

His eyes turn a dark red he looks into my eyes.

"Give me your pencil" He says.

"No" I say confused. His eyes turn back to normal. He looked confused as well, more confused than I was.

"Why aren't your giving me your pencil?" He asks. I ignore him and I give him a weird look as I get up to turn in my paper.

"Thank you Macy" Mr. Braden says with a smile taking my paper. I walk back to my seat and is sit down and quietly tap Elijah. He turns to me.

"Here" I hold out my pencil in front of him. I can't be mean, I was finished with it after all. He gives me a confused look and takes the pencil from my hands. He turns around and works on the paper. I texted Hugo.

Hugo <3

Me: We have a new student

Hugo <3: Really? A boy or a girl?

Me: He's a boy, an odd boy. He came in the classroom with the counselor and everyone laughed at him. He had orange and yellowish eyes. He has very pale skin and torn shoes with a grey shirt and black jacket, but the weirdest thing happen, he sat in front of me and turn to ask if I had. Pencil, I said no. His eyes, they.

Hugo <3: They?           

I paused,

Me: Turned, a red, and then he told me, give me a pencil. Kinda like he was trying to put me under a spell, to give him my pencil.... Then when I said no, he gave me a strange look

Hugo <3: He sounds like a weirdo

Me: No, don't be mean, I'm gonna try to talk to him, I'll text you later.

Soon the bell rings. He throws my pencil on my desk causing me to flinch and leaves in anger.

"Your welcome" I yell back at him.

Last time I try to be nice.