Chapter 2

Seán

Seán sat quietly in a room with Signe, counting the many bills they had taken from the bank. They were in a tall abandoned building in a completely deserted city in Utah. Seán had no clue what the city was called because the sign that said "Welcome to [city]" was totally faded and completely illegible. It was a great place to hide out because police officers wouldn't think to go so far away just to find this group of criminals.

Signe let the stack of bills she was counting slap down onto the table, letting out a large sigh and throwing her head back in the decaying wooden chair. Seán finished counting his own stack and placed it on the table as well, standing up and walking over so he stood behind Signe's chair and looked down into her pale green eyes.

"How're you boo boo?" she giggled.

"I'm fuckin' fantastic. Starin' at my tiny voosh." he replied, leaning down and placing a small kiss on her nose.

Signe pushed his head up and stood up from her chair, walking over to him and wrapping her arms around his shoulders. Seán lightly grasped her hips in his hands, pulling her closer before finally placing his forearms over the small of her back.

Seán leaned down and kissed her, Signe immediately kissing back. They held it for a few moments, pulled apart, then finally connected again. Seán felt their tongues collide and he could feel her shy away for a second. He smiled through the kiss. You are so adorable...

"Seán!"

The irishman let go so Signe could turn around to see the slim blonde-haired man in the doorway. He was out of breath and leaning against the frame, staring at the couple with a worried expression. "Spit it out Bill!" Seán shouted.

"The cops are here."

Seán froze. Signe went immediately to the table where the money was scattered, Seán following suit shortly after. Bill came forward and helped fill the bags, the three rushing out the door; but not before Seán looked back at the large septiceye he had spray painted onto the brick wall a year ago. He turned away and followed Bill and Signe before they could call after him and met his whole group behind the building.

It was a small parking lot filled with cars, one of which being the van they had previously used for the robbery. Seán, along with the Ryans, Signe, Felix, Marzia, and Jon, climbed into the black van with the money, the rest of the group hopping into the various cars.

It was now that Seán could see police searching the building. A few came out the back and spotted the many cars that were already running and beginning to speed away in a random direction. Seán turned to Felix. "Hey, make it seem like I have your voice." he said, Felix nodding and smiling. Seán put on his mask and threw the back doors open just as a few cars had started to speed away.

He cupped his hands around his mouth and waited for Felix to yell before moving his jaw to make it seem more believable.

"Gotta be faster to catch us ya fucktards!" Felix screamed, a swedish accent licking the sides of his voice. Seán almost lost it, but managed to keep himself composed. He slammed the doors shut again and gave Felix a high five. Ryan was in the driver's seat and sped off westward with the rest of their group.

"Hey Seán." A static voice sounded from the leader's pocket and he pulled out his radio. "Yep." he replied.

"Where're we headed?" Seán couldn't completely tell who it was, but it was a woman's voice and it sounded sort of like Jamie, so he just assumed it was her.

Seán hummed for a moment, then smirked. "Let's go to LA..."

A week later...

Seán led the group into the tall five-story building he had bought with the stolen money. They still had plenty of cash left and since nobody knew what he looked like, Seán could easily buy the new apartment building with no issues. The man who sold it to them seemed pretty suspicious when Seán brought in cold hard cash to pay for the building, so he was a possible threat. But that's fine. He could just send Ryan out with his poker face mask to either kill the guy on the spot or bring him here then put him in the soon-to-be soundproofed room so the buildings next door couldn't hear his screams.

This was a great base of operations. Hidden in plain sight and they had all the money they needed to not only buy food and water, but to buy necessities so they could actually stay hidden.

The ironic part was that they were just across the street from the police station. Seán was hiding right under their noses, and they didn't even know he was in LA.

Seán pulled out his phone and checked the date. February first... he read. His birthday was in six days. He wasn't expecting anything, especially after a move two states away from their original location. He shoved it into his back pocket again after staring at a selfie he had taken with Signe and led people up the stairs and through the building.

The lobby would just be an empty area. There was no point in giving the floor a purpose. The second floor would be where they kept the food, each room holding a certain kind of food. Meat in one room, vegetables in another, so on. The third floor would be the living quarters. There were just enough rooms if Seán roomed with Signe and Felix with Marzia. It was also close enough to the ground floor that it made escape easy, but far enough away to ensure they had time to get away in case of some sort of emergency. The fourth floor would be storage. Guns in each room and bullets kept separate. The various bombs they possessed were kept across the building to make sure that if they suddenly exploded, the bullets wouldn't be affected. The fifth floor was the floor where the group could chill, have parties, casual stuff to let stress out.

It's also the floor that contained the soundproofed room.

Seán liked to believe he was a good leader, and everybody seemed to think that he was. But they all knew his dark side when it came to making people scream, and how much he enjoyed it. Only Signe knows about his backstory, and she refuses to give any hints about it, which frustrates the group slightly, but they live with it. It's his life, and it's behind him now. Sure, it caused him to choose this form of life, but if it's something he enjoys? By all means, keep going.

Seán and Signe picked a room and explored for a bit before migrating to the bed. It was a long day and the two just wanted to wind down and relax.

No, they're not doin' naughty 'tings, ya nasties.

Are you enjoying so far? I HOPE!