Picture's Within

The abductees were following the fireflies back to town, no one remembers how to get there. Thomas and his insect friends were now on the way to the playground.  "Thomas, when she wakes up tonight, she going to be horribly mad, we must get ready for this." said the fly, who was sitting on his shoulder while he walked.  "What do you mean a plan?  Are you forgetting that I'm only a kid?" said the boy who was now very scared.

"Those people you just helped believe you, so ask them to help you." suggested the fly   "How, they can't even remember their own names." said Thomas   Then someone tapped him on the back, "Hey, I remember my name, I remember everything." said the young eight year boy.  "Really?  What's your name?" he asked  "I'm Dereck, and I'm eight.  I saw when they cooked my mother, I was also sent to the playground to meet friends, so they say.  You need help, I can help." said the young boy with a smile   "How can you help, you're a kid just like me?" he asked as they continue to walk.

"I saw when my father killed the other one, there were once two of those things." explained Dereck  "What do you mean?" asked Thomas   "They first took, my mother and me.  My father came after us to help.  He found its resting place.  Quietly he snuck inside and tie the creature by one leg with a chain that was attached to his track, The daylight made it blow up like a bomb.  That second, the other grabbed my father and bit his head off right in front of me.  Then he was the dinner for that night.  I was put in the chamber, for another purpose I guess.  But they do die, just as we do." explained to the boy as they arrived at the playground.  

The two boys sat on a bench and continued to talk, the fly keep quiet.  He did want the boy to know that he was able to talk, a spirit in a fly will frighten anyone, he thought.  So he kept silence and observed and listen.

"I know why we're here.  You know if you take any kid back, either their dinner and drinks or frozen dinner, you really don't want to do this.  Let's go get them!" said Dereck in a pissed off tone.

Then out of the blue, this tall beautiful woman with a two-year-old little girl, walked towards them and said, "Excuse me?  Young man, what is your name?" the lady asked as she stared and smiled.

"I'm Thomas," he said wondering what she wanted.   "No, not you, your friend," he replied as she now was standing right in front of them.   "Me?  I'm Dereck," he replied  "What's your last name?" she continued  "My last name is Berry.  What is it to you?" he asked  "Are you sure? My god, somehow I believe it's you, but you look the same.  It's been twenty years since you've been missing.  I was at boarding school when you, dad, and mom went missing.  Are you really Dereck?" he asked as she touched his face making sure she wasn't dreaming.

"No, you say that you are Denise? How can that be, you were only five years older than me. Why am I still a child." he asked  "My goodness, it's really you.  I'm so glad to finally find you.  Look it doesn't matter what happened, or where you been.  I'm your sister and I'll just say you're my cousin Dereck, no one can know that you've returned twenty later, and you are still a child.  The government won't let you breathe.  Look, I'm heading home, come with me.  Oh, by the way, this is your niece, Lilly." she said as he grabbed his hand.  "No, I can go with you yet.  I need to help my new friend and stop this creature." he said  "Oh, how cute you were playing a game." she said as she continues walking still gripping his hand, towards the car.   "Please, wait, he I need his help," said Thomas as he followed, with the fly still on his shoulder.

"Whatever you need him for, you can tell me at my house.  If anyone sees him, and recognize who he is, reported from all parts of the world will be on his ass, and I had enough of that when they first all disappeared.  So, I'm the adult here, and I know wants best, get in the car now!" she said with a strong demanding tone.   Thomas looked at his watch, he had to be back by six, before Mrs. Haddy wakes up, it was no three.  Right now all he knew was that the lady seems nice and safe, so he jumped in the back seat and sat next to Litty car seat.  "Hey, little one," he said with a smile as he sat down.

Denise headed home quickly, she was a bit in shock, but happy to see her brother again, no matter what age he was.