Prologue Pt.1

The prologue is in 2 parts, here is the first part. Hope you enjoy.

~~~~~

Sweet Desire

Prologue Pt.1

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different Devils"

~~~~~

"War is not a battle of right and wrong. It's never been about that," A man adorned in precious jewels with fierce amber eyes stood staring down at a crowd oddly comprised of both Humans and Morvics. The crowd was separated because Morvics still did not like to be around humans and humans did not like to be around morvics. This man spoke from his castle balcony with the crowd below, and the forest surrounding his city.

"Disagreements may start from quarrels of the opinion, but when war erupts from those opinions, it becomes a fight of strength," Besides this man were two other men. One man to his left had black sunglasses tucked neatly in his shirt, his medium length hair was slicked back, and like the man to this right, he wore jewels. This man had golden eyes like two brilliant suns. Now to the far right was an unusual sight, at least it would have been quite unusual 4 years ago. The man to the far right was a brown, fur covered morvic, leather shoulder pads rested on his bare shoulders while a strap held a gleaming diamond axe. This man only wore pants, he'd long discarded the annoying suit and tie.

The crowd below was silent, today was the 4th of the month of Azurren, and the feeling of a war on its last knees felt near. They listened to their king with tired eyes, they were all tired of this war, this 4 year long war.

"And our strength is unparalleled! We are the Duhitians! We are the mightiest, the strongest, we never back down! My friends, my citizens, and all those who call these forested lands home, listen to me. This war is as good as ours. Despite the numbers we were faced against, remind me, who won victory at the battle of Port Norton? Was it Emedo? No!" The king roared, his fist slammed down on the balcony guardrail. His companions stood silent.

"We were the ones to win that fight! We were the ones who freed Neim from the grasps of Emedo, and we will once again lay claim on victory! This war is over, this war will remain in the eyes of history, but it will not be a time of fear, but a time of liberty. Soon we march towards Emedo's capital, and we will end this fight and end the cruel tyranny of Emedo's king."

The crowd grew restless, the silence broke into murmurs until at last there were shouts and cheers and cries.

"Listen all of you," the king called down and waited for the crowd to settle, "This is the moment of truth, while I don't doubt our victory, we must all remember those who have perished and remember our honor and our duty to those souls. We will show our strength, we will claim victory, and mark a new era in history!" The king's last words were drowned out by the crowd. The king smiled and let out the smallest of sighs. He turned to his friends beside him. The one with the golden eyes beamed and placed a reassuring hand on the king's shoulder.

"You did good Mitch, me and Jerome will take it from here. Just get some rest, we'll meet you in the War Council meeting in an hour," the man with the golden eyes said.

Mitch smiled, "Thanks Adam, you to Jerome."

The morvic grinned, "No worries your highness."

From there Mitch left the balcony, he could hear Adam and Jerome giving instructions to the troops below.

Mitch sighed, his clothing felt tight and constricting, and despite having worn such fancy garment his whole life, they now felt more like cages.

It's been 4 years since that day. When Seto vanished into the Nether, it was...as one could say, unexpected. It left everyone quite shocked.