Chapter Eleven

Wow, third update of the day! If you don’t know already GAME OVER updated earlier today, and so did Calamity!

Go check it out if you haven't already!

~~~~~

Sweet Desire

Chapter 11

“We’re all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different Devils.”

~~~~~

Adam closed the door to Quentin’s little infirmary behind him. He was feeling much better after a little rest and figured he should return to Mitch’s room. He was getting a bit lonely.

“Mitch, I’m back!” Adam slammed open the door and put on a big smile.

“Adam.”

Adam flinched when he recognized Ian’s voice, “Ian! Hey there…” Adam looked around and saw Mitch with Jerome quietly talking. Quentin, Ty, Alesa, and Seto were nowhere to be found.

“Don’t you hey there me! You had me worried sick!” Ian marched towards Adam and yanked on Adam’s ear, “You literally rushed off on a horse and hardly told me a thing!”

“C-careful! I just had my stitches redone!”

“Redone? Redone! This is what you get for being reckless you fool!”

“H-hey, don’t be so crass…where’s Seto by the way?”

Ian let go of Adam and grumbled, “He’s off with Tyler and Ty. I told Seto that he should visit the former rebel camp—“

“Town of Jeriio—don’t forget the rebel camp is becoming an official town of Duhita,” Mitch interrupted.

Ian rolled his eyes, “Right, Seto, Tyler and Ty are heading to Jeriio because Seto’s uncle and cousin are there.”

“Where’s Alesa and Quentin?”

“Haven’t seen Quentin, Alesa is waiting outside the castle to speak to you before she heads back to her kingdom…and WE are leaving because you have to be back in Emedo. We came here and did what you needed, there is no time to waste. You can talk to Alesa while I get our ride ready.

Adam cast his eyes downward as Ian left, “Right…” he muttered in response. Though Ian had already left.

“Adam, you ok?” Adam looked up to see Jerome and Mitch had stopped discussing whatever they were talking about.

“Yeah! Never better…” Adam grinned. Mitch cast one look at Jerome and Jerome held his hands up.

“I get it, I see when I’m not wanted,” Jerome walked out of the room leaving Mitch and Adam alone. Mitch sighed and tossed the blankets off of his body. He slowly swung his legs off the side of the bed and held onto the bedpost for support as he pushed himself up onto his feet.

“Whoa, are you sure you should be standing, you need to rest—“

“I’m fine, when have you known me to let a little problem like this get in the way of business and life—“

“This is not a little problem, you just suffered a very serious and very deadly injury and condition, you didn’t wake up after you got hit. For Notch’s sake Mitch you placed yourself—a king—,on the frontlines.“

“And what would you have me do? Sit here in my comfortable palace while my people get slaughtered by a problem I need to take care of. Adam what I faced was nothing, I can only imagine what you faced.”