Chapter Fifteen

Gonna be honest... I wasn't actually expecting to ever write another chapter of this. Even though I've already started to release the plans for Chapter 15-30 of this book I hope you still appreciate it. 

Chapter 16 will be out later today. Its already finished I just dont wanna overload you guys with a bunch of updates.

~~~~~

Sweet Desire

Chapter 15

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different Devils."

~~~~~

Seto leaned back against the chest and flicked through the pages of his notebook. He wondered if he could ask Max more question about his meeting with Nol, the information would be valuable in the near future. He was close to piecing together a better understand of who or what Nol really was. It was something he desired to know, it could help him understand the theory he'd been formulating for the last 2 and a half years in the Nether. But his resources were limited even with the library of books he had read through.

Seto paused for a moment, "Yes?" When no answer came Seto closed his notebook and packed it neatly away in his bag. He tried again, "Yes, I know you are there, I can hear you."

Jin emerged from the shadows, "Oh Jin, it's just you, is there something you and your friends need?" Seto nodded towards the area behind Jin, and shortly after Red, Barney, Ross, and Max emerged. Jin rubbed the back of his neck and frowned.

"Actually, they convinced me to come...apologize. Apologize for the ass I was towards you," Jin looked down at his feet.

"It's fine, you were angry, and had a lot of magical influence over you, which you had no idea how to control, I can't blame you for those feelings."

"Yeah, well...still. I shouldn't have been so rash, and I should've thought more about my actions before letting all this power to my head."

Seto sat up, his eyes softened in Jin's direction. He knew how he felt, magic could feel like a thrill the moment one is able to muster even the tiniest bit of success. Yet it just as quickly grows out of control.

"If you'd like, I can teach you a thing or two about control. I'll give you a place to stay in Keuta--you and your friends are welcome. At least until you are able to control your powers a bit better, then I can help you all return home to Eflido. I know it's an abrupt offer, but from one candidate to another, I understand how you feel," Seto smiled.

"Actually, I was going to ask if you could teach me, so of course I'll accept," Jin let out a relieved sigh.

"Yes! And we'lls be coming toos!" Barney cheered in support.

Seto chuckled. Seto noticed Max being quiet and distant, "Do you all mind if I have a word with Max in private?" His friends nodded and quietly left the two of them alone.

Max watched his friends take the stairs to the deck leaving him and Seto below deck. Max was still apprehensive around Seto, unlike his friends who have been around the many people that knew Seto, Max knew nothing about this guy.

Truth be told he wasn't quick to trust him, considering his unsettling timing and appearance when he and Jin were battling and the cruel way he dealt with Jin in the nether. Not to mention the uncanny information this man possessed, to Max, Seto was a freakish person impossible to read.

"You wanted to talk?" Max was careful with his words and kept his distance.

"You don't have to be so wary around me, we're quite alike you know, I just want to talk to you as like minded individuals."