Chapter Thirteen

Another chapter! Expect a GO chapter tomorrow! :D

~~~~~

Sweet Desire

Chapter 13

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different Devils."

~~~~~

"I can't believe you Adam. You will be King soon, and you've gone and made yet another reckless decision without even thinking twice about the consequences," Ian paced back and forth along the shore line of Jeriio. It was early morning the next day after the deal between Adam and Ty was sealed.

After the tense event Ty immediately retired to sleep. Seto, and Tyler said their good nights and followed after Ty. Seto's uncle sent Cal away and spoke briefly to Adam about the drastic measures he'd just taken, "From a former King, my boy, please heed my advice. Making reckless choices are not always the best for the kingdom, keep that in mind, and good night."

Shortly after that the man retired to bed too.

When Adam had turned to Ian he was fuming, he looked like he was ready to punch Adam's lights out but it took every ounce of his being to control himself. Instead Ian had stormed out of the inn into the night.

Adam ate his cold soup alone.

"It wasn't a reckless decision--"

"Not reckless? Did you even think about the consequences before you agreed? I don't think so. You agreed to Ty's demands as soon as he finished speaking. You've given Ty every advantage he would need to overthrow you and burn you on a stake for Notch's sake Adam! "

It was only dawn when Adam felt Ian wake him. Come outside was all he said to Adam before the two of them founded themselves arguing to the morning dew and early sun.

"Ty wouldn't do that, he may seem spiteful, but he would still do things honorably--"

"Based on what? The few months you served as his commanding officer where he played to your good side until he discovered who you really were? This is a bad and foolish idea Adam, you have to call it off immediately," Ian ran his fingered through his combed hair.

"I can't I've already sealed the deal, it's a promise now--"

"You and your promises Adam, you can't continue to hold on to this childish fantasy that you can fulfill every promise you make."

"Maybe not, but so long as I'm alive, I won't give up trying to fulfill every promise I make anyways," Adam spat.

"Goddamnit Adam! You are such a child," Ian spun to face him his fists were bunched tightly into balls that threatened to break something.

"You never stop worrying and nagging Ian, haven't you been around enough to trust me a little more?" Adam yelled.

"Coming from the grown man that needs to be lead across a river on horse back because he's too damn terrified of drowning and facing his fears."

Adam's face heated up in rage, "That's not fair Ian, you know as well as I do why I hate rivers. You know as well as I do exactly what kind of memories surface everytime I'm near one or in one--"

Ian jabbed his fingers into Adam's chest, "Don't start with not fair damn it. Not fair is not even consulting your own advisor--your friend--on these sort of matters. Not fair is deciding for everyone else their fate, you would think you would lead by not following Seto's example of reckless and self-centered decisions."