Chapter Sixteen

And another one

~~~~~

Sweet Desire

Chapter 16

"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different Devils."

~~~~~

It was well past noon 2 days after Adam, Ty and Ian returned to the castle. Adam had plenty of rest yesterday and he was itching to work on his plans for the future, especially after sitting and listening to both Ian and his brother nag his ear off at the same time while he was ordered to rest. He certainly did not miss that kind of treatment.

Adam was currently in what would now be his study...it was his father's study before and in fact it had been the study/office of all the previous Kings since the castle was built. It would take some time before he could fully get used to being here. It smelled a lot like the tea his father would often drink and that made him frown. A part of him was still not ready to be in the same places that were once his father's.

A knock came at the door, "Come in," Adam was expecting Ty, they would've met sooner but Ty was insistent on having the mornings off so he could pray. Which Adam was perfectly fine with.

Ty entered the study and shivered, Adam chuckled, "Sorry, I hope the clothing we provided you isn't too breezy. We aren't quite in the desert like Keuta, but this side of Emedo can get a little hot, though the inside of the castle should be fine.

"I'm fine, just not used to such thin fabrics," Ty carried with him a stack of papers. He seemed much more prepared than Adam thought. Today they would begin the draft of the letter they planned to send to Vragan in order to open up discussions about peace and trade. Everything would be only a draft of course.

Just let me know if anything is uncomfortable, I want you to feel at least comfortable in Emedo, anyways, why don't we get started."

"Right, of course, let's see," Ty set his papers down in front of Adam, "I spent yesterday while you were resting in bed organizing a few particulars about Vragan I think you should know. First and foremost, I think it's important you familiarize yourself with some of our culture and religion, since it greatly differs from that of Emedo. This information could help bridge the unfamiliarity between you and the Vragan king. Especially this would show your dedication towards quelling the misunderstandings and prejudice currently about Vragan and its practices."

Adam was stunned as Ty pulled out a chunk of papers from the stack he set down and rotated it to face him, "Really, this is just a run down on some of the basics of your culture?" Ty nodded, "Just this?" Ty nodded again. Adam held back a groan, the tack of papers was practically a book's worth of information and he was instantly reminded of the dreaded days 4 years ago when he was still just the General of Emedo's army. It was still a mystery to him how much paperwork actually came with the job, but Adam couldn't let a "few" papers stop him now. He truly was serious about this task ahead of him.

Adam nodded, "Alright, what about the rest?"

Ty took another, smaller section from the stack of papers, "This here is about basic Vragan dancing etiquette--"

"Wait, hold up, I'm going to learn how to dance? For a letter we're sending to Vragan?"

"Well, no, I was only planning on instructing you on some basic etiquette in the event the Vragan King accepts our invitation and comes to Emedo, such a topic may arise since dancing is also a vital part of our culture, which I detailed a section about in the stack in front of you...however, teaching you how to dance a few of our simpler, folk dances could actually help. I'll see about fitting that in once Ian gives the clear about you being good to move about more freely, due to your current injuries."