Chapter 1

Disclaimer: i dont own Casualty or any of its characters.

As the door closed behind him, Jacob Masters couldnt help but realise just how heartbroken his ex had looked; despite how their relationship had ended, he still cared about her and watching her having to say goodbye to someone else she loved, he didnt know how much she could take. That day alone had shown evrery emotion she could've possibly gone through; disappointed when Grace wouldnt acknowledge her, hurt when Hugo thought she didnt want him to stay, sadness when she did eventually say goodbye and now he swore he'd seen some regret in her eyes when she'd turned down his offer of cooking just like old times.

He was just about to leave when he heard the crash coming from inside the house; noticing she hadnt quite close the door properly, he quietly entered and found Connie Beauchamp curled in a ball on the kitchen floor, glass and white wine everywhere, and her in absolute tears and breaking down. As he knelt next to her and tentatively placed a hand on her shoulder, he was surprised when, instead of shrugging him off, she turned her body and curled into him, not wanting to feel alone any longer; holding her close as she cried, he whispered comforting, soothing words and let his fingers run through her hair.