Chapter 9

Authors note: i dont own the words to One Call Away.

That night, with Grace having gone back to Sam's after a promise from Connie she would talk to him, the clinical lead had decided to order chinese as her and Jacob sat on the sofa.

"How was your time with Grace?" He asked, biting into the spring roll.

"Good...we talked, really talked, for the first time in a long time"

"About what?"

"You...us...the crash...Elle and the court case...everything"

"Did it help?"

"Yeah, i think it did; i told her the truth. It wasnt Elle's fault and i was in the wrong for what i did; i want to put her first, like i should've when it happened but...i want us too"

"I dont want you to feel pressured by what i said this morning; i was just trying to make Grace understand the situation."

"So you didnt mean it?" She asked, glancing at him.

"I meant every word..."

"I'm sorry...for pushing you away; i was...i was trying to do everything on my own and...Sam turning up, he knows how to get under my skin"

"He knows how to lush your buttons and you let him; if he wants an argument, give him one"

"I'm tired...of fighting all the time; if it's not him, it's Hansenn or the department..."

"It's been a hard few months for you; maybe you could do with a break from it all. Focue on getting your head back in the right headspace..."

"I couldnt; the department..."

"Will still be there when you get back; you took time when Grace was asleep but you didnt take any once she was awake. Spend some time with her...properly; get her away from Sam for a bit"

"She...Grace said that she doesnt go anywhere but the hospital; Sam doesnt really spend any special time with her..."

"So even more reason to take some time out"

"Maybe..." she answered, leaning her head on his shoulder as they carried on eating and watching the film.

When it was finished, Jacob cleaned up the rubbish and put the leftovers in the fridge before holding Connie's hand and gentle swaying her.

"I've missed this" she whispered, leaning in to kiss him.

"Me too"

As he kissed her back, she rested her hands on the side of his face as he lifted her up by her thighs to wrap her legs around his waist; leaning against the wall, their kisses became more passionate and frenzied.

"Are you sure?" He whispered.

In response, Connie kissed him again; pulling his tank top over his head, he carefully laid her on the sofa and kissed her neck, slowly opening the buttons to her blouse.

'I'm only one call away'

The sound of her phone going off distracted her; she had a flashback to the last time it had happened back in the hotel over a year ago.

"Leave it" he whispered.

"It's Grace" she said, glancing at the caller ID. "Hi darling, he said what?! Okay, you go to bed and i'll see you first thing in the morning; try not to worry. I love you..."

Ending the call, she threw the phone on the table as her back arched backwards as Jacob kissed her breasts.

"Dont stop"

A while later, they were snuggled up in her bed, his arms around her as she slept soundly against his torso.