Chapter 5

I walked into the kitchen and seen my meat cooking. I turned it down a little and made a salad.

Chris was having some friends over and he told me to make food.

I told my friend Sarah to come and she said she would be here any minute. Me and her have been hanging out for weeks now and its been fun.

"Aye shawty bring me a drink." I heard Chris. I got a drink and walked outside towards the pool.
I gave him the drink and he slapped my butt. I looked at him and he bit his lip at me. I rolled my eyes and he looked at me. "Don't roll your fucking eyes." he barked and i hurried in the kitchen.

He has been a little moody these days. I wish I knew why but I guess he would tell me soon.

I heard the door bell and I walked to the front. I opened the door and seen Sarah. She smiled and hugged me.

I seen her boyfriend. I waved and they walked in. "Hey babe what smell so good?"

"I made food. Mike the boys are in the back." I said he walked straight out back. Me and Sarah went into the kitchen.

"So what you want me to do?" she asked. I shook my head.

"I got it. I been cooking by myself for years I got this." I said and she nodded and sat down at the island.

"So how are you and Chris?" she asked. I cures to my self. She still doesn't know about the whole Chris situation.

"We are good. Just living day by day I guess." he told me not to explain the situation. So I just try and change the subject.

"Really. I bet you guys have great sex. The way you guys look at each other." she said and I chuckled.

I hate talking about me and Chris sex life. It is too complicated. "Yea but not like yours and Mikes." she smiled.

"Girl I don't do anything I let him do all the work." I laughed at her and she giggled. Chris and the guys came in. Chris seen me and i looked away.

He walked over and wrapped his arms around me. "Im sorry for yelling at you babygirl." he rubbed on my sides.

"Im alright Chris."

"You don't sound like it." he said. I looked at him.

"Im fine. Honest." he bit his lip.

"I can't wait till these niggas gone."

"Why?" he smirked.

"You know why." he said and gripped my ass. I gasped and he chuckled. He walked off and I shook my head and a small smile crept on my face.

"Y'all so nasty." I heard Sarah. I looked at her and she chuckled.

"Girls shut up." I said and laughed. She held her hands up in surrender while laughing.

We talked till the food was ready. I went into the living room and told the guys food was ready. They walked in the kitchen.

I went and made Chris plate. Then I bought it to him. He smiled and pulled me into a kiss then started to eat. I walked back in the kitchen and made my food.

Then me and Sarah sat in the kitchen and ate.

"So how did you and Chris meet?" she asked. I gave a small smile.

"Through my mom. She met him at work and she thought I was a good match for him." she smiled. I slowly grew a little sad about the whole situation.

"Wow that is sweet. Its true when they say your parents have you best interest at heart." she said and I smiled.

She's right. Meeting Chris was a blessing and sometimes a curse. She looked at how my mood changed.

"What's wrong?" she asked. I looked at her.

"Have you ever been put in a situation where your trapped? You wanna get out but its hard cause you've gotten so use to it." she looked at me confused.

"Babe are you ok?" she asked. I finally realized what I was talking about and sighed.

"Yea. I just been thinking that's all. I have a lot on my mind." I said and she nodded.

"So when should we go out again. Last time was too fun." she said. I shrugged.

"I have to talk to Chris." she nodded.

"But girl you need to call a sister." she said.

"I don't have a phone." I said and she looked at me.

"What?" she looked at me shocked.

"Chris thinks-"

"No. Everything you do Chris is in the mist of it." she grabbed my hand and walked into the living room.

"Wait Sarah what are you doing?" I asked in a whisper.

"Chris." she said and everyone looked at us. Chris looked at us. Mainly me. I looked down. "Chris why Nicole don't have no phone." she asked.

"Wym?" he said and stood up. I felt my stomach turn. He looked at me.

"Nicole is a free women. You are gonna buy her a phone and you are gonna let her go out when she wants to." Sarah crossed her arms.

"What the hell is you talking about?" he said.

"And you are gonna treat her like a normal girlfriend that she is." she said. OMG she used girlfriend.

He looked at me as I bit my lips nervously. He chuckled.

"First off she can get a phone no problem and she can go out. But she is not my fucking girlfriend and will never be." he said and sat down and finished eating.

Then all eyes were on me. I looked at them. I rushed out the house and down the street.

I just kept running till I couldn't run any more. I seen a park bench and sat down.

I started to burst into tears. All my life I have been in tears. Why do the people I care for so much hurt me so bad.

My mom giving me away to this monster I think im in love with. Then he is being a dickhead. He says I will never be his girlfriend but he fucks me like im the only girl he wants and love.

"Why do I even try?" I said.

He doesn't really want me. He wants my body.

"He can have any other girl why would he want me?" I asked again.

I sat there crying. I didn't care about the people looking at me as they walked past. I didn't care about a lot of things at this point.
I heard a honk. I looked up and seen Chris standing leaning on his car across the street. He crossed his arms starring at me.

"Can you leave me alone?" I said. He looked at me and began to walk towards me.

"Why you run?" he said as he stood in front of me. He looked down at me. I looked away. "Nicole I asked you a question."

"I don't care." I said and looked at him. I stood up. "I don't care what you have to say to me." I said. He looked at me and chuckled.

"Who you think you talking to?" he asked. I looked at him.

"You Christian Harris." his eyes went cold as I called him his full name. He looked at me with anger.

He gripped my neck then pulled me to the tree in park where no one seen us.

"You think you just can talk to me any kind of way. Bitch I will kill you." he said with anger. I cried cause I couldn't breath.

He let go and I dropped to my knees. I started to lose breath. He got down on his knee and pulled out an inhaler. He gave it to me and I used it.

"I told you I care about you." he said and I looked at him as he started to walk off. "Hurry up and get in the car."