Chapter Three

*Layla*

"No," I shook my head at the outfit Thomas was holding up. "I'm am not wearing that to meet the royal family. Good god, they won't take me seriously."

"I know that," Thomas laughed and I glared at him. "I just wanted to get a rise out of you and it worked. The outfit I picked for you to wear in hanging on the back of the bathroom door, I'll do your makeup."

"You're an ass," I muttered walking into the bathroom.

"All done," Thomas smiled stepped back. "And if I do say so myself you look gorgeous. Wait, I need to send a picture to Ariel."

Giggling I placed a hand on my hip and sticking my tongue out as Thomas took a pic with his cell, smiling I grabbed my phone, press credentials, small notebook and a pen sliding them in my clutch before grabbing Thomas's sleeve and pulling him out the door.

*Ian*

"I have to what?" I asked staring incredulously at my father.

"For the next week you will be followed by a reporter and her photographer," he said sorting through the papers on his desk.

"Why?" I asked pinching the bridge of my nose. "The reporter will just twist any words I say."

"Joe picked this reporter," dad said giving me a look. "I trust his judgement on this. I have a meeting with them so I you will excuse me."

Annoyed I slammed the door open shoving passed Joe and two other people as I headed to the dining hall to speak with Amir about his part RCIT, only to groan when I saw who was also in the dining hall.

"James," Diana squealed loudly latching onto my arm. "I was wondering where you were."

"Get off," I snapped shoving her away. "Clingy slut."

"Get used to it," Amir said shaking his head. "She'll be like that until she gets what she wants."

"Which won't be me," I said glaring at Marcie and Diana ​talk. "I wanted to talk to you about RCIT."

"Should we really talk about that here?" Amir asked. "After all we all have dealt with people trying to kill us because of the treaty."

"When the others get here we'll need to finish making the agreements," I nodded jumping when Marcie yelled. Muttering I turned around to lose my breath when I caught sight of the beautiful curvy woman who was staring wide eyes at Marcie and Diana.

*Layla*

"We're happy that you're the one doing this," King Randall said as we all headed to the dining hall. "Perhaps James won't be so difficult."

"Maybe," I smiled. "If nothing else I at least get to see my dad and my favorite royal king and queen."

"Yes," he smiled. "I'm sure you can find you're way to the dining hall. I need to go find my wife, see you in a few."

"He's nice," Thomas said and I rolled my eyes pushing the dining hall door open. "Kinda like that king from The King And I."

"You are so weird," I muttered pushing his shoulder.

"Who are you?" Someone said and I froze jerking my head your to see Marcie and Diana staring at us. "You're not part of our servants."

"Servants," Thomas chuckled. "Girl this is not the eighteen​hundreds, it's the twenty first century."

"I can have you arrested," Marcie glared and I snapped out of my trance.

"I beg you're pardon princess," I said sharply. "But we are aloud to be here considering that you're father hired us."