Chapter Five

*Thomas*

I watched as Ian watched Layla closely with a lost expression for most of the morning and I knew I had to tell Ariel about this.

  "I'll be right back," Layla smiled catching my attention. "I want to see if Mr.Rector still owns the magazine shop."

    "So," I whistled as we watched Layla from the window. "What's it like knowing you're about to be crowned King?"

  "Not any different from what being named prince," he said not taking his eyes from the window.

  "You know Layla's not staying afterwards, right? Especially after what you're 'loving' sister did," I said casually and he jerked back looking at me.

  "What?" He asked with a confused tone.

  "You're sister broke Layla," I said snapping a picture of a few kids kicking a ball at around in the street. "When I met her she was wearing baggy clothes, wouldn't eat and hardly spoke to anyone. It got to the point where he was put in the hospital because she passed out in the middle of a lecture one day, me and Ari had to force her to tell us her story, then we moved her in with us and got her eating again and got her to feel confident in herself again."

  "I'm going to kill her," he growled and I chuckled. "What?"

  "Not yet," I smirked. "We have this plan that is currently in action. Layla is going to show Princess B*tch that she isn't the same person she was before she left this island. Shy, insecure Layla is no more but confident, sassy, and sexy Layla is who she is."

  "F*ck," he cursed. "I always thought Layla was confident, shy but confident in who she was and is."

  "Everyone has secrets," I shrugged straightening up when Layla came back outside. "Hey babydoll."

  "Look," she smiled handing me the open magazine. "Mine and Ariel's articles are in her along with you're fashion modeling and candids."

  "Sweet," I squealed causing Layla to giggle. "Babydoll is there a cafe we can get food at?"

  "Yeah," she smiled skipping down the sidewalk and I followed after her while Ian ran into the magazine shop.

*Ian*

  After spending all morning with Layla and Thomas I realized that their relationship was more of a brother sister and Thomas had a girlfriend who would be meeting them in a couple days. I smiled when we got through the gate Thomas that he was picking Layla out one of her more confident dresses for the meet and greet.

  "Thomas, don't you dare!" Layla yelled running after him slightly panicked.

  "I take it you had fun this morning," Amir laughed walking up beside me.

  "Always enjoyed spending time with Layla," I said walking in the doors growling when Marcie yelled my name. "What?"

  "Don't snap at me," she said rolling her eyes. "Where were you this morning? Diana wanted to spend today with you before the meet and greet."

  "I was busy," I said walking past her to head to my rooms, twenty minutes later I walked into the ballroom to welcome the other royals that where coming in today. I watched as Joe got into a heated conversation with Princess Talia before turning towards the doors as they opened and someone walked in stumbling slightly.