Chapter Twenty-Seven

Happy Holidays!

*Ian*

  "How does it feel to wear that crown?" an amused Nessa asked as she stood beside me.

  "Uncomfortable," I said scanning the room.

  "She's not here yet," Nessa said grabbing my hand. "Come dance with me."

  "But..."

  "No arguing," Nessa smiled pulling to the middle of the floor. "You don't need to worry so much. She will be here soon enough."

  "Sorry," I muttered before smirking and spinning us around the floor.

*Layla*

  I had been standing to the side of the room watching as Ian danced with Vanessa.

  "Having fun, princess?" someone asked and I jumped before turning to see Amir leaning against the wall beside me.

  "I guess," I shrugged before giving him an annoyed look. "When people call me that it is uncomfortable."

  "You are a princess," he chuckled. "But your not the only one, Ian isn't comfortable with the crown he now wears."

  "I already knew that," I sighed before yelping when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from the wall and towards the middle of the room. "W-what are you doing?"

  "Ian, mind switching partners," Amir said and I found myself staring up at Ian who was gaping like a fish.

  "Hi," I mumbled blushing.

  "Hi," he smiled grabbing my hand and kissing it. "You look just like a princess."

  "Don't remind me," I groaned looking up when he chuckled.

  "You look like my princess," he said and I squeaked when he started spinning us around the dance floor. "Always knew you would look good in a tiara."

  "It was my moms," I whispered.

  "Well, either way, you look beautiful," he said and I smiled. "Did everything go well today?"

  "Yeah," I nodded. "Everything got moved and I got a few things unpacked before Thomas found out and banned me from moving anything else."

  "You could have had a setback," he scolded.

  "It was just a few blankets and pillows," I glared and he glared back before bending down and knocking my feet out from under me before promptly carrying me out of the room.

  "King James?" someone said.

  "I'M BUSY," he snarled and I flinched at his tone have never heard it from him before.

  "Ian?" I whispered after he slammed a door closed and dropped me down on a bed.

  "Sorry," he sighed. " I needed to get away from all of those people."

  "Okay," I said slightly confused as he headed towards his closet coming back with several items of clothes that he tossed on the bed before crouching down and pulling my heels off and carrying me to the bathroom. "W-what are you doing?"

   "Get changed," he said and he exited the bathroom. Sighing I changed out of my dress and slipped the t-shirt over my head and turned the water on washing all my makeup off. Finally, I looked up in the mirror as I untangled my hair from the tiara and laid it on the counter before pulling my hair up into a messy bun and exiting the bathroom only to scream in shock when I was thrown over Ian's shoulder.

  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

  "Quiet down," he laughed dropping me down on the couch and sitting beside me. 

  "I could have walked you know," I grumbled.

  "I know but I like carrying you around," Ian smiled handing me a bowl. "I made popcorn and thought we could watch a movie."

  "Um..."

  "What do you want to watch?"

  "Weren't you angry earlier?" I asked completely confused.

  "Its nothing," he shrugged. "So..."

  "Lilo and Stitch," I said and Ian smiled finding the movie on Netflix before pulling me onto his lap and stretching us out.