Epilogue

Layla's engagment ring

*Ian*

Eight Months Later...

  "Morning," I smiled at Layla who was sitting at the table with her laptop.

  "Morning," she replied. "Coffee's in the pot and breakfast is on the counter."

  "What are you working on?" I asked sitting down beside her.

  "Proofreading a piece Benny sent me," she muttered and I chuckled.

  "How is he like his job?" I asked.

  "He enjoys it," Layla shrugged typing a few things before closing the laptop. "Not what he loves doing but he enjoys it."

  "Has he contacted Efraim yet?" 

  "Nope," Layla sighed before giving me a look. "Your friend scared him with that last flirting attempt."

  "Yes, I know," I sighed. "Efraim loves Benjamin but he isn't very good at remembering that Benjamin doesn't like being the center of attention."

  "I was talking about the marriage proposal he threw at Benny," she said and I choked on my coffee.

  "W-what," I coughed staring at her wide-eyed. "When did that happen?"

  "A week after you proposed to me," she said fingering her engagement ring I had given her three months ago. "Apparently Benny was at the school's studio when Efraim showed up and said that he was there to take his husband home and Benny freaked and asked me to get him a job and a place to live where Efraim couldn't find him."

  "That explains a lot," I nodded. "Well, I don't really blame Benjamin for wanting to get away. Efraim is quite the flirty demanding person. He mostly thinks about what he wants and not about others feelings, perhaps this will teach him to think of others first or at least more than he does currently."

  "I hope so," Layla sighed. "Benny has feelings for Efriam but he hates that Efriam always throws himself out there like a spoiled brat."

  "Efriam was dropped on his head several times as a baby so this is probably something to do with that."

  "Don't you have work?" Layla asked suddenly and I glanced at the clock.

  "I have a meeting with the other about the RCIT in an hour," I said. "I'll be happy when all of these meetings for this is done with."

  "I'll be happy when we catch this psycho trying to stop the RCIT," Layla smiled getting up. "I have a class to teach so I will see you later."

  "Have fun," I smiled kissing her cheek as she shoves her laptop in her bag and calling for Tyson who was taking her to the University today for her lecture.

~~~

  Three hours later I was in the middle of the RCIT meeting with Vanessa, Amir, Darak, and Efraim listening as they laid different ideas on the table about how to make the treaties work and last.

  "I think the high school and college exchange school programs were a good idea," Vanessa said.

  "Yes, those programs are very well," Amir said just as his phone rang. "Excuse me."

  "How are things with Layla?" Nessa asked.

  "Good she's at the college right now giving a lecture," I smiled before jumping at the loud angry yell came from Amir.

  "I DON'T FUCKING CARE. FIND HER! NOW!" Amir snarled into his phone before he threw it at the wall causing it to shatter.

  "Amir, what happened?" I asked walking towards my distraught friend.

  "Those bastards have Sarah," he said. "The broke into her house and took her."

  "We'll find her," I said. 

  "I can't lose her," he whispered looking up at me brokenly. "I can't lose her or the baby."