one more chance

"I CAN'T DO THIS!" I scream out in exasperation as I try to punch Matt. We're currently training for combat in the field, and I SUCK!

"C'mon, wolfie. You can do it!" He encourages me and shakes his fingers to invite me to punch him again, as he dances around in his spot. I glare at him, while I wipe sweat off my brow.

"You're enjoying this way too much." I groan as I lazily place my fists in front of my face, trying to find a way to punch him.

He winks at me and continues to grin. I dart my eyes around his figure, trying to remember what he said to me when fighting someone.

"When you're contemplating what move to pull when fighting your opponent, watch their eyes, they'll most likely reveal what they plan on pulling next. If their eyes dart to your left, wait for them to go to your left, duk and hit." His voice tells me with hard eyes.

I chew my lip as I recount his words and look at his eyes. I watch as he stares back at me and I groan, he isn't gonna give anything away. He laughs at my frustration and a playful glint appears in his eyes. 

"You know I taught you the trick to look at someone's eyes! I'm not gonna give anything away, Kota." He laughs out and I glare at him, with a huff I crack my neck. I'm gonna need to approach this differently.

I totally deserve watermelon for doing this...and strawberries...and mango. I love fruit.

After scanning him for a solid minute, I figure out a gameplan. I carefully circle his figure, trying to find a moment to attack him. 

Quickly and swiftly, I throw a weak punch to his face, as a way to distract his focus. While he dunks from my punch, I kick my foot out harshly to his ankle and swipe to the right, effectively knock his down.

I watch as he falls to the ground and I grin. I did it! I quickly move and jump on him, straddling him, while I raise my hands in a way to show that I now have dominance, and that I have won. His eyes widen and his eyebrows raise as he realizes that I just got him on the ground.

"Oh my god, Dakota!" He cheers as I get up and pull him with me. I dust off my knees and grin at him proudly. "I'm so proud of you!" He pulls me in a for a sweaty hug and I squeeze him.

"Thanks, Matt!" I smile at him and he nods. Soon enough we both part to go shower, as we're drenched in buckets of sweat.

I trot up to my room, feeling sticky and tired. I walk to the bathroom and close the door. I slowly peel off the sweaty clothes from my even sweatier skin and plop them on the ground. Yuck.

I look in the mirror as I untie my hair from its' now messy ponytail and let my curly hair fall down, brushing past my collarbone to my waist. I sigh as I stretch my arms and bend down to stretch out my back. 

Quickly getting into the shower, I turn the water on to a cold setting, seeking refreshment. I let the water fall onto my back, massaging my tense muscles and cooling down my body. After ten minutes of ridding my hair and skin from the dirt and sweat from my training, I step out of the shower and wrap a soft, white towel around my body. 

I look in the mirror and inspect my lightly blemished skin, sighing in dissatisfaction. 

Suddenly, I hear a deep growl and I jump in my spot, almost falling down on the ground. I gasp as I try to catch my falling towel and I look up to find the source of the growl. I turn  my head to the door and see Logan, standing there, with dark eyes as he stares at me. 

His jaw and fists are clenched, and I watch as his nostril flares. I instinctively take a step back and he growls loudly. He slowly walks towards me with long strides, eyes darkened as he watches my every move. I clutch my towel closer to me as I watch him with careful eyes.