a new friend

Hey guys! I had a reader comment on my last chapter that they think I should rename my book! If anyone agrees and has any recommendations, I'd love to hear! Let me know <3

----------------------

"Why are you all dressed up?" I jump at my mom's voice as I finish putting my lip gloss on. I turn around and she smiles at me as I wave for her to come into my room. 

I loop my belt into my belt buckles while I answer her and tell her, "I'm seeing that guy Brett from my high school." She raises her eyebrows at me.

"It's not like that. It's just nice to talk to a familiar face that isn't one of the girls judging me or asking about Logan." My heart still hurts every time I mention his name. 

"Well you look cute! But Alpha Stefan probably wouldn't be too happy about it." She winks at me and I laugh at her. 

I told my mom about Stefan being my second chance mate last night and it was so relieving. We spent the whole night gossiping and eating ice cream. It's times like these that don't make me regret the way Logan and I ended. I missed my family so much. 

"Speaking of which, honey, Alpha Stefan is coming over again." I turn to her quickly and my heart skips a beat.

"Why?" Is all I can think about asking.

"I don't know some pack business your father has to clear up. Something related to the rogue's for sure." I shrug and decide to ignore it. Odds are I'll be out of the house by the time he's here. 

My mom and I chat a little bit more as I sift for a shirt to wear over my bralette. I decide on a silk white crop top. I throw some gold jewelry on and text Brett to see where he wants to meet up. We decided to go on a walk by the pier. 

Our pack is located on a water forefront, but it's still pretty far away from the actual water itself. So, we own all of the land but our homes and town are still about 20 kilometres from the water. It's a beautiful day out so we thought it'd be nice to get out of the actual town and go by the water.

What I also didn't tell Brett was that I didn't want anyone to see us and risk rumours spreading. The last thing I need is for another scandal relative to boys and I. 

Brett tells me that he can pick me up in 10 minutes so I run down to grab some snacks and drinks for us. I throw a couple reusable water bottles, apples, chocolate and chips into my backpack. By the time I'm done he's at the front and I walk out to his white BMW. 

"New car?" I ask as I buckle into the passenger seat. He smirks as he puts some rap song on and nods.

"My dad got it for me last week. Thought I deserved it since I've been working so hard in school." We both laugh at each other. 

Brett's not a stupid kid but he sure as heck does not excel in his classes. The fact that he's Head Warrior is what brings up his wealth and significance of the pack. Suddenly a thought dawns on me.

"You're Head Warrior." I state and he nods at me as if I'm slow, while he reverses out of the driveway. 

"Yes, and you're the Beta's daughter, Kota." He states slowly and I roll my eyes at him. 

"Can you train me? A warrior at Logan's pack used to train me but obviously that's not an option. I wanna get stronger." I declare and he gives mea small smile, almost like he's proud of me. 

"Do you think you can keep up with me?" I roll my eyes at his cockiness.

"Matt was insane, I think I'll be fine with you." He looks at my inquisitively.