Competition

This is one goes out to all the insecure and self conscious people, to remind you guys that you are all beautiful, inside and out.

"Who do you like?" Annabeth asked, and crossed her legs on the bed, intrigued.

"Promise to keep it a secret?" You asked, nervous.

"Promise."

"Percy."

"Oh my gods! Really? Me too!" Annabeth exclaimed. It was kind of cool to share something else with your best friend, but also kind of a put down. She was a lot prettier than you were, had a lot better personality and just a lot more appealing. Everyone liked her. And now that you knew that she likes the same guy as you, it would be heartbreaking to see that Percy liked her.

-timeskip-

It was official. Chiron was sending Percy down to the Labrinth with Annabeth. Perfect chance to get them to know each other. You sighed, disappointed. I mean, Percy was a great friend. And super hot. But you never got to spend one on one time with him. It was always with friends. Nevertheless, you went to say goodbye.

"You'll be okay?" You asked, when you got up to Percy.

"I'll be fine. I'm invincible, aren't I?" Percy wiggled his eyebrows. You laughed, and then froze when you heard what Percy said next.

"Can I hug you?"

"Sure?"

Percy enveloped you in an awkward hug. That's when Annabeth decided to come up.

"Bye, y/n," she said. Then she told Percy to hurry and went to wait by the opening of the labrinth.

"I'll see you, Y/N."

"Bye."

-timeskip-

The news had just come. Percy Jackson was dead.

Annabeth came back in tears. She had confided in you that she had kissed him just before. Your heart sank. Of course he loved Annabeth. But it didn't matter anymore. He was dead.

When they burned the ceremonial cloth two weeks later, it seemed almost unreal. That's when you realized that you had loved him. You choked back a sob and buried your face into your hands.

"PERCY?" Annabeth shrieked, and you opened your eyes to find Percy, completely unharmed, standing with his arms open and staring at you.

Your jaw dropped and you started towards him, but Annabeth got there first. She crushed him in a hug and he chuckled, hugging her back. Your smile faded, and you looked down.

-timeskip-

Annabeth had stuck to Percy's side the entire night. You didn't go up to him, for fear you would become the third wheel. During the campfire, Annabeth kissed Percy's cheek (making your vision red) and left. To your surprise, Percy plopped down right next to you and nudged your shoulder.

"Hey."

"Hi." You didn't look into his beautiful eyes, but instead looked at the ground.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Look, I looked this up. When girls say nothing is wrong, something is wrong."

You sighed. "Will you not laugh at me?"

"Of course I won't."

"Truth is, I've liked you since I got here, and when I saw you with Annabeth.." you choked back a sob. "Never mind. I'll never be as pretty or as smart as her. You guys are good together."

Percy chuckled. You looked up at him with sad eyes and a heartbroken expression.

"No, I wasn't laughing about that," he said quickly.

"I was laughing because I like you too. Annabeth likes me, I know, but you overshadow her, in my opinion. Don't think for a second that you aren't pretty or smart. You are. And I like you a lot for it."

Your expression must have been priceless, because Percy laughed again and hugged you.

"Can I kiss you?" He asked suddenly. With wide eyes, you nodded, and the kiss set off fireworks. His lips tasted like the sea.

There was a crash of glass and you and Percy broke apart. Annabeth, her eyes red, had crushed a glass of her drink and the glass was scattered everywhere. She ran off.

"Sorry about that," Percy said quietly. "It's my fault. I'm going to go talk to her."

"Okay." You said. "Wait-" you said, as he walked away. He turned back to you.

"You wanna go somewhere sometime?"

"I'd be offended if you didn't ask me," he said, his eyes sparkling.

You sighed happily as he walked away.

I don't know how to end this one so :P