Percy to the Rescue (Part 1)

Requested by Emmie11_MC

-Unedited-

"Wait. You like my boyfriend?" Annabeth gasped, and her features contorted into a sneer.
"N-no, I didn't say that, I-I-"
"Oh, sure. Just stay away from him. Just saying, he's way out of your league." Annabeth walked out of your cabin, and ran up to Percy, who was eating lunch.
You don't usually get emotional, but for some reason, a small sob escaped you. Annabeth was right, obviously. You were nothing next to her.
I mean, it wasn't your fault you had a crippling crush on a taken guy. To be fair, you'd liked him even before he started going out with Annabeth.

"What's the matter?" Myra, your best friend, asked as she walked in.
"Nothing," you said, and turned away to wipe the remaining tears off your face.
"Mhm. Highly believable." She said, jutting out her hip. You faked a smile.
"I'm going to go eat."
"No you are not. At least, not before you tell me what's going on." Myra plopped herself down on the bed.

So, after you had told her about your huge crush and what Annabeth had said and Myra getting mad you didn't tell her about your crush sooner, she went with you to go get lunch.
Good thing she came with you too, because Percy tried to strike up a conversation with you but Myra cut him off. You just didn't want to talk to him at the moment. It would be too humiliating.

That night, you decided to go walking in the woods alone, just to mull over your thoughts. You tried to think about your upcoming exams, and all the stuff you had to do, but Percy just kept popping up. Over and over and over again.
You didn't even notice the twig snap behind you, the demonic eyes, or the low growl.

Suddenly, a hellhound pounced on you and dug its claws into your arms. You fell back, screaming, just focusing on keeping its fangs away from you. It's breath was disgusting, and it's eyes horrifying. You screamed again and shut your eyes, but forced them open again when you felt a horrible feeling in your stomach. Blood seeped around you and you realized with horror that the hellhound had pierced your stomach with it's claws.

"Y/N!" A voice called, but your vision was already getting darker.
"Help..." you whimpered, and suddenly the creature above you slumped to its side. A force pushed it over and someone picked you up. You barely had enough strength to look up at them.
"P-Percy?" You whispered, staring into his bright green eyes, which were filled with fear and determination.
He nodded slightly and took off, running back towards camp and yelling for help. All you remember after that is his rhythmic steps rocking you into unconsciousness.

You gasped and sat upright. You found yourself in a bed, in a room you didn't recognize. You shrunk back into the pillows, however, because of a sharp pain in your stomach. You pulled back the covers and saw a generous amount of bandage surrounding it. Your head felt fuzzy, like cotton balls were packed into it.

You looked to your left and of all things to expect, it was Percy, asleep. You were very surprised that you gasped and Percy woke up.

He rubbed his eyes! "Y/N... WAIT, Y/N? You're awake?"
"Um, I think so?"

He crossed the room and opened the door.
"She's awake!" He yelled. A shout of excitement, probably from Myra, was heard.
"I'll go get Chiron and Will!" She yelled back, and Percy shut the door.
"What happened?" You asked, remembering absolutely nothing.

"You were taking a walk in the woods and a hellhound attacked you. It cut your stomach and you lost a lot of blood. You almost died, but I found you just on time and took you back to camp."
You were momentarily speechless. You looked back down at your bandaged stomach and sighed.

"You saved my life," you whispered.
Percy shrugged sheepishly. "I would do anything for you."
"How can I repay you?" You said, looking up at him.
"No. You don't- no."
He crossed the room and sat on the edge of your bed.
You felt a rush of emotion, and you leaned over to kiss his cheek. You pulled back and saw that his face was red. He chuckled a little.
"You know... I-"

The door busted open. "Y/N!" Myra ran over to you and tackled you. It knocked the wind out of you and made your stomach wound hurt more.
"Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot! Oh, are you okay?" Myra continued to pepper you with questions until Chiron moved her aside and let Will pass through.
He unwrapped your bandages, each one dirtier than before. The last two were spotted with blood. He unwrapped the last bandage and deep pierce marks were still visible. You gasped, and it hurt more.
"Drink more ambrosia. I didn't want to give you too much while you were unconscious," Will said, and handed you a glass, which you drained quickly. He wrapped you back up with fresh bandages and propped you back up.
"How long was I out?" You asked.

"Two weeks."

"TWO WEEKS?!" You yelled, tried to get up from the bed. "All my school work- I have to study- I MISSED MY FINALS!"

Will shoved you back down onto the bed. "Chiron talked to your teachers! The due date was extended."
You relaxed slightly. "I'm okay?"

"You're okay," Percy said.

Just then, the door busted open.
"Percy! I've been looking for you everywhere and- wait, you've been here?" You looked around Myra's shoulder and saw Annabeth standing in the doorway, her arms crossed.

"I had to stay, she just woke up!" Percy exclaimed.

"Well, come on. They just called the heads of cabins." She tossed her hair and stomped out.

"Was that because of me?" You asked quietly.
"No... no. She's just in a bad mood. I gotta go. I'll visit you later." Percy started to reach for your hand, but shook his head and walked out.

The next day, Will deemed you fit enough to go back to your cabin. Myra still insisted on pushing you around on a wheelchair, though it was totally pointless.
"So dramatic," Annabeth muttered as she walked by.
"You're one to talk," you fired back, and she smiled sarcastically and walked away.
Myra rolled you into your cabin, and who would be in there but Percy.

"Oh.. hi- I was just in here because- I was cleaning your cabin for you. Since you can't and it was the least I could do." Percy accidentally knocked over a bottle of cleaning spray but caught it before it could hit the floor.

You smiled sheepishly. "Thank you so much. But you didn't have to do that. Really."
"No. It was my pleasure."
He stood there for a second, as if hesitating to say something, then walked out.

-timeskip-

One week later, you could walk without getting too dizzy. Although you had to maintain a small diet of ambrosia and nectar, you were healing nicely.
One day, after thinking all of your thoughts through, you decided that you really, really, really liked Percy. And since nothing was going to happen between the two of you (cough, Annabeth, cough), that you should just tell him.
He was on the beach, just looking at the ocean, probably thinking about something important. You slowly walked over to him, and sat down beside him. He jumped a little, because he hadn't noticed you.
"Hey, Percy," you said quietly. "I️ need to tell you something."
He slowly looked up at you, looking worried and tense and anxious all at the same time.
You took a breath.
"I️ like you. A lot. I️ have for two years now."

-cliffhanger-

A/n
Omg you guys! I'm so sorry I haven't posted anything! I'm such a nugget. In my defense, I️ have been really busy with school and homework and family stuff. I️ should be able to write more often, and I️ will definitely try harder.
Anyway, thank you all so much for your comments and support! Love you!